Technical Contractor (Installation & Repair)Bahamas, Bahamas Category: Technology Sub-Category: Engineering
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
Type of Services to be provided:
1. Have a sound knowledge of emerging technologies in the telecommunications industry.
2. Provide technical support to ensure update of technical plant data, timely completion of assignments.
3. Complete site surveys as well as liaise with contracted personnel on outside plans and other projects to ensure orderly progression of work and timely completions
4. Ensure all safety procedures are adhered to and that proper and adequate traffic management is performed in the execution of work in the public domain
5. Submit written reports on damages, network deficiencies, and other adverse effects in the OSP network, inclusive of reports on projects and assignments.
6. Assist with internal and external investigations of customer complaints and fraudulent activities when required
7. Alert NNOC of all network damages and ensures timely updates are provided
8. Ensure oversight of tools and other related OSP equipment throughout the network
9. Perform other assigned tasks as required
Basis of Engagement:
The Contractor is responsible for performing various aspects of aerial and underground maintenance, construction and special projects where applicable in the OSP to prescribed standards.
The function has a strong focus on achieving high response times to requests and continually improving response times. Consequently, response times must be balanced by performing quality work while achieving high standards.
- An Associate’s Degree in Engineering, Information Technology or Electronics or related technical field
- Certification in basic computers and/or related technical certifications