Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us "us" is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you chose to start your career at Latin Liberty America, we're all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
CFOCosta Rica Category: Finance
What´s the role about?
- The CFO will be accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations for the Costa Rican market, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results. This position will be responsible for overseeing the coordination, preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses and information reports. Provide timely, accurate analysis of budgets and financial reports and oversee completion of timely annual audited financial statements. The successful candidate will partner with LLA Finance Functional teams to ensure compliance with all accounting, tax and treasury requirements, coordinate with appropriate legal counsel relating to financial and corporate governance and risk assessment matters, and manage budgeting and the long-term financial planning process. Develop and advise on business development and strategic planning.
Functional and Personal Requirements & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Accounting, or a related field and professional experience in the telecom, technology, and/or media environment is preferred.
- A graduate degree in business, finance, or accounting and/or relevant accounting certification is ideal.
- English proficiency is required and bilingual with Spanish is preferred.
- Relevant industry experience.
- In depth accounting knowledge and expertise.
- Experience developing and executing financial controls.
- Management of multi-functional teams and project management skills.
- Development of budgets and long range strategy.
- Experience managing/integrating mergers and acquisitions.
- Serve as an advisor/partner to the Costa Rican executive leadership team while representing the LLA CFO and finance leadership within Costa Rica.
- Displays Energy and passion to achieve and exceed stretching objectives often delivering within tight timescales.
- Displays Strong relationship building, collaboration and influencing skills.
- Displays High personal integrity/ethics and strong leadership qualities.
- Displays Flexibility.
- Able to dynamically respond to both strategic and tactical operational management requirements.
- Able to deal with internal and external customers, including management & senior management.
- Strong critical thinking and data manipulation skills.
- Commercial awareness of the external environment and the ability to “think outside the box”.
- Displays high levels of self-awareness and emotional intelligence in all situations.
- Plan, estimate, direct and control the financial management of the business unit, while partnering with LLA functional specialists in areas such as Treasury, Tax, Procurement, etc.. as appropriate.
- Ensure processes and practices are in compliance with current legal regulations and the quality of the information delivered to supervisory entities and shareholders.
- Direct and control the optimization and compliance of the company's cash flow.
- Lead Teams to ensure compliance with financial commitments, safeguarding the liquidity of the company.
- Control the financial statements, compliance with tax regulations and the external financial reports of the company.
- Plan, direct and control the management of the company's budget control & monthly forecasting of all financial elements working with the LLA group financial planning team.
- Lead teams to ensure the follow-up and fulfilment of the budgets assigned according to the business plan defined in the company and the requirements of the shareholders.
- Plan, direct and control the billing and collections management of the company.
- Direct and manage the company's SOX certification process.
- Plan, direct and coordinate the preparation and implementation of the company's long-term strategic plan working with the local & central leadership. Partner with Business Unit Commercial management to form strategic plans supporting growth and profitability of the business aimed at meeting the strategic objectives of both the company and its shareholders.
Accounting and Administration
- Oversee the accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and function.
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Oversee preparation of month-end, quarterly and year-end financial statements and other reporting deliverables to LLA corporate.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Manage interaction with LLA corporate accounting and reporting and the Panama Global Business Services group, in coordination with the LLA CAO, the LLA VP of Global Financial Reporting and the Panama Senior Director of Accounting and Global Business Services, in support of overall LLA accounting and reporting processes.
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Prepare, maintain & coordinate the monthly financial planning cycle in line with group policies with the appropriate analyses of historical financial and operating results.
- Prepare monthly forecasts on a rolling basis in coordination with local leadership and central FPA.
- Maintain standard reports & management reports to analyse and forecast operational & financial performance.
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed.
- Develop financial and operating recommendations in conjunction with executive management - strategic and tactical; local as well as group.
- Coordinate & provide E2E support around financial reporting related to group functions (T&I, Finance, Legal & People) in coordination with the group FPA teams.
- Coordinate the development and monitoring of budgets and long-range plans in coordination with the group FPA team and local leadership.
- Ensure all appropriate financial plans & forecasts are appropriately loaded into relevant financial consolidation tools in a timely matter and at a high quality.
- Represent company as needed with key stakeholders including equity partner, debt holders, vendors, and regulatory bodies, etc.
Start a career with impact #BringYourAmazing
When you join an international telecommunications leader, you’ll tap into incredible possibilities that take you further than you ever imagined.
LEADING TELECOMMUNICATIONS PROVIDER IN LATIN AMERICA AND THE CARIBBEAN
MORE THAN 20 CONSUMER MARKETS
MORE THAN 30 BUSINESS MARKETS
GENERATING $3.9 BILLION1 IN REVENUE
OUR NETWORK PASSES THROUGH 7.3M HOMES
OVER 10,000 EMPLOYEES
Liberty Latin America
As the leading operator in Latin America and the Caribbean, Liberty Latin America brings innovation that will create moments that matter to our customers, delivering growth in our markets with one vision, one culture, one team. Together, we’re connecting over seven million homes and generating $3.9 billion1 in revenue.1Reported figures for the year ended December 31, 2019
We do it the best and We do it with spirit
- CW Business