Installations Quality & Field AuditorJob ID: 2021-42436 Hatillo, Puerto Rico Category: Engineering
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
Performs routine audits to the installations of video, voice, and data on residential and business customers. Perform technical field audits to resolve service status, signal quality, installations quality and compliance with Liberty standards. Communicate identified areas for quality control improvement. Investigate unauthorized usage of company products. Inspects and audits all CATV equipment in assigned areas in support of the system quality, integrity, and accountability.
- Installs and configures customer premises equipment (CPE), including network interface cards (NIC), cable modems (CM), Media Converters (MC), Optical Network Terminal (ONT), Voice Gateways (Adtran) and any other CPE used to deliver services.
- Receives and reviews the daily Audit Report of cable customers' level of service and resolve whether an account is active or inactive. This procedure may require both a ground observation and telephone pole climbing in the field.
- Audit CATV drops; provide all drop locations with permanent tags, service tags, grease threads, rubber grommets, and terminate all unused ports to prevent ingress.
- FTTH – Audit/inspect fiber to the home (FTTH) installations according to technical specifications.
- Construction – Knowledge of FTTH and hybrid fiber coaxial (HFC) plant designs. Identify construction details such as changes or design variations that are not included in original designs. On site verification of technical specifications and/or construction specifications. Document any deviation.
- Audits for Outside Plant (OSP) Personnel – Evaluate root cause analysis on repeat orders, TC cancellation, customer education and repeat maintenances. Analysis on trouble call reasons and resolutions.
- Coach employees and subcontractors as needed as part of a continuous improvement process and initial new-hire training program.
- Adhere to and set the example for all safety policies.
- Make continuous recommendations and suggestions for additional quality improvement and installation efficiencies.
- Reports, disconnects, or converts any proven unauthorized connections discovered during an audit. Removes the drops from locations when these connections are found to be illegal for the second time.
- Review all requested services with the customer in order to ensure understanding and agreement.
- Assist with quality control checks on technician’s work as needed and requested by supervisor.
- Identify needed repairs to pedestals and lock boxes or other equipment damaged from illegal connections to maintain system security.
- Inspect the existing ground or make a new bond in accordance with the National Electrical Code (NEC) in order to protect employees, customers, and the general public from electrical shock, and equipment from damage.
- Resolve the drop from the tap to the customer premises equipment as required to repair or restore the customer’s service.
- Compare subscriber services, and tag numbers to company record and returned units to verify accurate data.
- Identify discrepancies between company records, actual installs, and physical equipment. Resolve legitimacy of each and identify altered or unauthorized equipment.
- Installs traps and security equipment on subscriber drops and terminate all unused tap ports and locks pedestals
- Clean, maintain, and stock the vehicle and equipment to be prepared to perform required duties every single day.
- Accurately finishes the work procedures and request forms associated with customer installations.
- Prepares and submits a daily report of activities and findings to the Audit Supervisor.
- Complete associated paperwork with each work order in a timely manner to ensure all details of the work are recorded for entry in the customer account once the work is complete.
- Climbs poles, ladders, towers, and other structures as needed, may use bucket truck when required; lifts and carries loads of up to 75 lbs. using appropriate equipment.
- Manipulates connectors, fasteners and wire and uses hand tools.
- Drives Company vehicles and maintains accurate inventory of vehicle stock.
- Responsible uses of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) provided by the company.
- Available to assist in system outages after natural disasters such as hurricanes on 24/7 schedules, if needed.
- Availability to be moved from area of work due to operational needs.
- Perform temporizations of feeder and trunk cable.
- Demonstrates and ensures compliance with The Customer 1st Philosophy, Liberty Latin America Code of Conduct and Liberty safety standards and procedures.
- Other functions that may be assigned.
Associate degree in Electronics, preferred.
3 years related of technical experience in the CATV industry.
Previous experience as CATV installer.
Knowledge of installation standards and contractor requirements.
SCTE BPI Certification.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English).
- Knowledge of National Electrical Codes, FCC regulations and telecommunications transportation.
- A good working knowledge of building materials and structures, installation techniques, procedures, and repairs, as well as a basic knowledge of electronics is required.
- Ability to perform position requirements safely and regularly at heights greater than 30 feet.
- Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires.
- Ability to use the following meters Volt Meter, RF signal Level Meter, Pipe Locator, Time Domain Reflector meter and handheld communication devices and applications.
- Strive to make cable connections in tight spaces by bending, reaching, twisting.
- Ability to operate appropriate computer or test equipment associated with position (e.g. signal level meters, ohm meters, etc.).
- Strive to walk over all types of terrain in all kinds of weather while carrying tools and equipment, including gaffs, ladders, and fully loaded tool belts.
- Knowledge in Modems/PC Configuration.
- Domain in electrical and electronics.
- Good analytical skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Good communication and positive interpersonal relationship skills.
- Computer-literate, knowledge in Microsoft Office. Excel and PowerPoint experience are a plus.
- Dynamic, customer Focus and service oriented.
- A+ or Knowledge on Telecommunications, especially on cable, telephone, and Internet.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge on Routers, Alarms, VoIP, Wan, LAN, ADSL, VPN, PBX.
Liberty Puerto Rico provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, social status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, military service obligation, disability status, genetic information, political affiliation, and being or being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking. In addition to federal law requirements, Liberty aligns with applicable local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Assessment, background check and drug test will be required to successful candidate.
If you believe you have been discriminated against you may notify the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Federal Communications Commission, or other appropriate agency.
Jobs for you
Senior Manager, Internal Audit and SOX Miami, United States Finance
Senior Business Intelligence Developer, Information Technology San Juan, Puerto Rico Information Technology
ArcGIS Implementer San Juan, Puerto Rico Strategy
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs.