Service TechnicianJob ID: 2021-38938 Mayaguez, Puerto Rico Category: Technology
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
Responsible for supporting Liberty Business Services in providing elite service to our customers by promptly answering customer inquiries, providing accurate information while fixing and problem solving with new and existing customers. Provides technical and network problem resolution to end-users (customers) by performing a question diagnosis while guiding users through step-by-step solutions.
Education and/or Experience
Associate degree in Electronics, preferred.
2 years related of technical experience in the CATV industry.
Previous experience as CATV installer.
SCTE-BPI Certification is a requirement.
- Good communication and positive interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English).
- Should be available to execute standby shift.
- Able to perform efficiently outages within a given timeframe.
- Available to assist in system outages after natural disasters such as hurricanes on 24/7 schedules, if needed.
- Availability to be moved from assigned work area, and/or relocated, based on operational needs.
- Proven knowledge of National Electrical Codes, FCC regulations and telecommunications transportation.
- Ability to perform position requirements safely and regularly at heights greater than 30 feet.
- Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder.
- Ability to climb poles using gaffs, hooks and climbing belt as needed.
- Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires.
- Strive to make cable connections in tight spaces by bending, reaching, twisting with small components and wires.
- Ability to operate appropriate computer or test equipment associated with position (e.g. signal level meters, ohm meters, etc.).
- Ability to use the following hand tools: electric drills, hammers, wrenches, screwdrivers.
- Ability to walk over all types of terrain in all kinds of weather while carrying tools and equipment, including gaffs, ladders, and fully loaded tool belts.
- Ability to splice coaxial cable.
- Ability to use handheld communication devices and applications.
- Knowledge in Modems/PC Configuration.
- Domain in electrical and electronics.
- Good analytical skills problem-solving abilities.
- Computer-literate, knowledge in Microsoft Office.
- Customer Focus and service oriented.
- Proven knowledge on Telecommunications, especially on cable, telephone, and Internet.
- Valid driver’s license.
Liberty Puerto Rico provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, social status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, military service obligation, disability status, genetic information, political affiliation, and being or being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking. In addition to federal law requirements, Liberty aligns with applicable local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Assessment, background check and drug test will be required to successful candidate.
If you believe you have been discriminated against you may notify the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Federal Communications Commission, or other appropriate agency.
- Responsibilities may include preventative maintenance and repair of CATV distribution system.
- Assists with the training of technicians.
- Involved in work activities in collaboration with other technicians.
- Stabilizes the system through the use of sophisticated equipment; sets up system sweep generator and performs other related duties as required.
- Performs any and all duties of personnel in the Installer, field collector, trencher, and auditor positions.
- Fixes services problems, corrects them, reports to NOC for provisioning, and reports thru Axis System upon completion of job.
- Reads signal levels through use of field strength meter; adjust levels as needed in installation problems, using installation connectors and various types of drop cable, maintaining accurate clearances, and installing tap-off devices.
- Ensures that the overall installation meets company standards by analyzing the quality and judging the acceptability of the services delivered (e.g., picture quality and signal levels for cable installation, and forward and reverse levels for HSD installation and digital telephone, etc.) once the installation is complete.
- Responds to and corrects customer service problems every single day.
- Maintains system levels as specified in system operating instructions; calculates amplifier output; sets and replaces distribution and line extender amplifiers.
- Diagnoses and changes out power supplies and line amplifiers in the field as required.
- Performs underground and aerial construction duties customarily associated with a CATV operation, including, but not limited to, assisting in installation of all rigid and semi-rigid coaxial cable, including pole line construction within the overhead plant and all underground installations; installation of all vaults, pedestals, boxes or equipment used to house CATV equipment; locating of existing underground cables and use of a cable fault locator (TDR); removing from service or transferring from pole to pole all of the above.
- Learn and perform CLI function as needed.
- Guys, lashes, pull and splice cable.
- Keeps records of performance tests, inventory, vehicles, and all other areas deemed necessary by management and company policy.
- Climbs poles, ladders, towers, and other structures as needed, may use bucket truck when required; lifts and carries loads of up to 75 lbs. using appropriate equipment.
- Manipulates connectors, fasteners and wire and uses hand tools.
- Drives Company vehicles every single day and maintains accurate inventory of vehicle stock.
- Responsible uses of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) provided by the company, in strict compliance with Company policy and governmental standards.
- Perform temporizations of feeder and trunk cable.
- Demonstrates and ensures compliance with The Customer 1st Philosophy, Liberty Latin America Code of Conduct and Liberty safety standards and procedures.
- Other functions that may be assigned.
Jobs for you
SOX Senior Manager San Juan, Puerto Rico Finance
Information Security Officer, Information Security Panama City, Panama Technology
Senior Designer - ESB Integration Panama City, Panama Information Technology
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs.