Analyst, M&A and StrategyJob ID: 2021-38068 Miami, Florida Category: Strategy
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
What’s The Role
As a member of Liberty Latin America’s Strategy and M&A team, you will assist in the development and implementation of Strategy and M&A projects. The team plays a crucial part in realizing LLA’s ongoing strategy to deliver its value propositions within our existing markets, and develop and execute selective acquisitions of relevant cable and telecommunications businesses.
What you'll do:
- Assist in the coordination of one or more of LLA’s M&A processes on a daily basis
- Provision of quantitative and qualitative analysis of acquisition targets, impact analysis on LLA
- Assist in the development of the internal Long-Range Plan as tool for accurate forecasting and capital allocation
- Modelling and forecasting of acquisition plans, support of due diligence activities and Liaison with external advisors
- Cooperation with internal, cross functional teams as required, developing a strong working relationship
- Preparation of analysis and presentations of opportunities for LLA’s board of directors, investment committee and OpCo’s Leadership Teams
- Support in a wide range of strategic projects across the Latin American and Caribbean regions and product/service propositions
- Market and competitor analysis
- Other duties as shall reasonably be requested
Knowledge and Experience:
- Graduate or of graduate caliber, with a strong academic background reflecting high levels of intellect. This represents an entry level position, but candidate may possess 1-3 years relevant work experience
- Banking, Management Consulting, Finance or Advisory Services background. Specific focus and activity in the telecommunications and /or media sector would be an advantage
- Ability to work across Latin American and Caribbean territories/cultures. Spanish language skills would be an advantage.
- A strategic thinker with robust analytical skills
- Financial modelling experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office suite including Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to quickly get to grips with new markets, products and technologies and distil what the key drivers and potential impact of these are on our businesses
- Highly developed written and oral communications skills
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Proactive and pragmatic – able to prioritize projects and agendas
- A self-starter, able to work in a highly organized, structured way, deploying robust process management
- High personal credibility
Who We Are
We are the leading telecommunications company, connecting more than 40 markets in Latin America and the Caribbean with our video, broadband internet, telephony, and mobile services under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil, BTC, and Cabletica. We started small, and now we’re growing. We’re excited about the future as we strive to unlock opportunities in the region.
Why join us
Technology excites us enables us and drives us. We´re proud of the services we provide, the markets that we serve, and our people coming together to enhance our customers´ lives with technology so that they can connect, work, live and play without missing beat. Throughout Liberty Latin America, our passion and pride are brought to life through our shared vision to bring innovation that will create moments that matter to our customers, delivering growth in our markets with one vision, one culture, and one team.
Liberty Latin America provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, and/or local laws.