Executive Assistant to General CounselJob ID: 2021-38618 Miami, Florida Category: Legal
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
LLA is looking to hire a driven, energetic, and organized Legal Executive Assistant to join our legal team. This position will report to the Vice President, General Counsel for Cable & Wireless Communications and will work closely with members of other departments to support the Legal and Regulatory team’s administrative matters. The successful candidate must be highly organized, have an impeccable attention to detail, be an excellent problem-solver, effectively allocate time and resources to manage an evolving workload, work well independently, and have a high sensitivity to confidentiality.
- Some college or vocational training, preferably in legal administration, business administration, or related field
- 5+ years of legal administrative experience supporting a team of professionals
- Licensed as a Florida notary is a plus
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Can-do attitude who is willing to help others and go the extra mile
- Able to work independently to analyze issues, collect information and solve problems.
- Able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a collaborative team-oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written (English and Spanish) with the ability to translate from English to Spanish.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word, Teams), and legal software tools (Sharepoint and OneDrive databases, ContractpodAI, e-signature tools, etc.).
We are the leading telecommunications company, connecting more than 40 markets in Latin America and the Caribbean with our video, broadband internet, telephony, and mobile services under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil, BTC, and Cabletica. We started small, and now we’re growing. We’re excited about the future as we strive to unlock opportunities in the region
Technology excites us enables us and drives us. We´re proud of the services we provide, the markets that we serve, and our people coming together to enhance our customers´ lives with technology so that they can connect, work, live and play without missing beat. Throughout Liberty Latin America, our passion and pride are brought to life through our shared vision to bring innovation that will create moments that matter to our customers, delivering growth in our markets with one vision, one culture, and one team.
- Day-to-day administrative support to the General Counsel, including project tracking, diary and e-mail management, expense reports, coordinating travel arrangements.
- Consolidating and distributing the Contract and Litigation Logs on monthly basis, ensuring SOX compliance.
- Upload Customer and Vendor Agreements into the Contract Management system.
- Managing team budget and invoices, including tracking and payment through the Company’s SAP system
- Managing vacation for the team and organizing team events
- Coordinating fun well-being activities and gifts/birthdays for the team
- Personal support to the General Counsel
- Contract management and general legal document organization: Managing forms/templates, getting signatures, inputting contracts into the contract management system, organizing digital and legal files, and record retrieval.
- Corporate entities management:
- Maintaining all corporate records and update boards for US entities
- Coordinating the notarization and apostille of documents and certifications in the US.
- Assist the General Counsel with administrative matters, managing the contract database and supporting the Legal and Regulatory team.