Access Network EngineerJob ID: 2021-56655 Panama City, Panama Category: Technology
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
What's the role:
The Access Network Engineer, will manage and achieve the operational excellence through E2E process improvements, design, evaluate, optimize operational processes to ensure the correct quality of LLA services. Map and document processes and procedures for LLA Network Operations, standardize the operational process in the LLA region.
What you'll do:
- Optimize and improve the processes between corporate, vendors/stakeholders and country organizations. Assess, change & refine business processes and related information systems to continuously increase their effectiveness and make sure that they are properly aligned with the company´s strategic direction.
- Define, map, design, standardize, write and maintain business operation manuals, workflow processes/procedures.
- Document process "As-Is & To Be" detailed gap analysis and to assist the development of business case transition.
- Support continual development of processes, procedures and systems to meet the service management and Operational requirements of Network Operation
- Level 2-4 process design using LLA standards, Change management, Event management, Service level management, Knowledge management, Access management, Service measurement, and Service reporting.
- Ensure the Network Operation department’s adherence to processes by verifying and auditing annually
- Ensure the team processes, procedures and working practices comply with chosen regulatory standards (e.g. ISO) company policies and best practice (e.g. ITIL, Lean) methodologies.
- Operate Process Governance Forum for best practice sharing.Process governance reporting, measuring the maturity of documentation, lifecycle.
- Process People Network ~ Develop process people network, Set up & improve standard ways of working within the network.
- Manage the work processes of the project and makes sure that the projects are handed over within the stipulated time frame.
- Responsible for recording the instructions and outcomes learned during the project and uses them for future projects.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Graduate level (Bachelors or higher) degree in Business Operations / Quality engineering related field. Significant E2E business process improvement centric job experience can count in place of technical degree.
- Ideally educated to degree level or alternate appropriate industry experience.
- Experience and appreciation of working in a customer focused environment.
- Strong resource in process management
- English and Spanish
- Strong record of people management in a technical environment, including communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to form strong business relationships across all functions
- Has the ability to effectively communicate at all levels, translating complex technical language into high level executive narrative preferred
- Timeliness in all actions with quality consciousness towards services received and provided.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience in facilitating meetings, working groups, or large groups of people with varying opinions
Who We Are
We are the leading telecommunications company, connecting more than 40 markets in Latin America and the Caribbean with our video, broadband internet, telephony, and mobile services under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil, BTC, and Cabletica. We started small, and now we’re growing. We’re excited about the future as we strive to unlock opportunities in the region.
Why join us
Technology excites us enables us and drives us. We´re proud of the services we provide, the markets that we serve, and our people coming together to enhance our customers´ lives with technology so that they can connect, work, live and play without missing beat. Throughout Liberty Latin America, our passion and pride are brought to life through our shared vision to bring innovation that will create moments that matter to our customers, delivering growth in our markets with one vision, one culture, and one team.
Liberty Latin America provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, and/or local laws.