Analyst Finance Transformation (Temporary Position 6 Months)Panama City, Panama Category: Corporate Sub-Category: Finance
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
We are the leading telecommunications company, connecting more than 40 markets in Latin America and The Caribbean with our video, broadband internet, telephony and mobiles services under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil, BTC and Cabletica. We started small, and now we’re growing. We’re excited about the future as we strive to unlock opportunities in the region.
What´s the role?
Support Director Finance transformation in the finance transformation projects focusing on the LLA ERP transformation project including activities related to planning phase and design of ERP Global Template to be utilized in migration of disparate legacy ERP systems to one common ERP platform. Support the design of the global Chart of Accounts. Work with external implementation team assigned to the project. Work closely with LLA business unit accounting and finance teams to ensure the new ERP system will meet all business and accounting process requirements and maximize utilization of system functionality in order to automate transaction processing and generate efficiencies. Work closely with other department transformation projects including HR and Procurement to ensure efficient integration all systems in order to deliver an integrated digital information platform for LLA. Assist in the activities related to data validation and migration, business processes streamlining and configuration, technology solutions implementation and adoption. Support the overall execution of projects to streamline all elements of LLA finance organization.
What You´ll Do:
- Support the LLA ERP system deployment by module (AP, AR; GL; Tax & Withholding; Treasury and Cash Management; Project Asset Accounting; Reporting/ Analysis Tools; Intercompany).
- Support the streamlining of the accounting processes as needed
- Support the development of documentation, procedures, and applicable training materials for new departmental processes
- Support the design of the Chart of Accounts, the change management process and the mapping to and development of the LLA consolidation tool
- Work with local business unit accounting teams and all ERP system users to implement ERP system, improve and implement new processes and ensure proper interface with other systems
- Work with internal IT team to implement ERP system
- Work with external ERP implementation team to design global template
- Ensure that all system users have connectivity to new system
- Work with GBS team to set up & document initial accounting processes
- Prepare presentations and memos for stakeholders and team members
- Support the data validation and data migration process from legacy ERPs to new ERP
- Validate data related to the new system interfaces
- Participate in user training program
- Ensure that improvements to policies, processes, and systems conform to GAAP, internal controls, and/or any other applicable regulatory requirement
- Support the overall execution of projects to streamline all elements of LLA finance organization including but not limited to: Business Process Modernization, Shared Services Implementation, Business Case Development, Finance Automation, Internal Control Development, Finance Technology Selection, Implementation & Deployment.
Knowledge & Experience:
Preferred education/ qualifications:
- Bachelor level, Finance or Accounting degree.
Specific Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience in accounting, finance and financial systems
- Strong knowledge of financial systems
- Strong background in accounting process transaction flows
- Strong knowledge of telecommunications and the dynamics of mobile, fixed, and media markets
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP & IFRS accounting standards
- Excellent English in both verbal and written form; Spanish desirable but not essential
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to interface with multiple groups, including internal resources and external professional service providers