Database AdministratorPanama City, Panama Category: Business Sub-Category: IT
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
- Monitors, prepare maintenance and support for the databases and operating systems.
- Monitors and follow up operational performance metrics and procedures.
- Monitors and takes action on Service Desk Reports (assigned to DBA team) to fulfill the SLA and regulatory agreements.
- Manages the operational pending issues of the infrastructure providers.
- Coordinates actions to improve performance and uptime. Do actions on batch processes and normal system processes to run properly (from an infrastructure perspective). So the system tuning and housekeeping of all the systems is a critical part of daily tasks.
- Implement CRs and patches in the production, testing, development, and new projects databases.
- Creates and supports backup policies. The DBA team is responsible for the restoration process.
- Fulfills the metrics and goals of the team.