Director of ProcurementJob ID: 2021-57014 Panama City, Panama Category: Finance
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
What's the role
The Procurement Director oversees the sourcing activities for a category/commodity. Includes but is not limited to publishing Tendering Events, Supplier Selection, Contracting & Execution, Contract Management, and Supplier Relationship Management activities for the global/regional/local spend. Procurement is at the heart of the Liberty Latin America Business strategy, with a managed spend of $1.5B, covering direct and indirect.
What you'll do:
- Develop, implement and deliver a Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) category strategy, at Best in Class Level, supported by benchmarking
- Ensure proper contracting for new and renewed contracts and proper contract management for current contracts for global/regional/local or any third-party contract used by our OPCOs and the proper handling of supplier relationship for global/regional/local suppliers
- Procurement of all goods and/or services, this includes the responsibility for the management of the suppliers to ensure delivery of high quality/large improvements that will support LLA’s business objectives for growth and income results and excellent customer satisfaction.
- Plan, organize and direct demand /contracting activities and required category staff resources, including the development, monitoring and achievement of performance targets for the Global/Regional/Local categories.
- Responsible for the improvement, development and implementation of supplier contracting. This includes identifying and cultivating strategic alliances and building new business models with significant suppliers. This will also require collaborating and working with demand teams to understand their strategies, direction and consequently their requirements. Results should be to increase the quality value of the services that the internal customers are receiving as well as enhancing the relationship with the internal customers.
- Plans, organizes, and directs (financial) target setting within the Opco’s for the assigned category. This includes the development, monitoring, and achievement of performance targets for the Opco’s and assigned category. Results should be to meet the financial and non-financial goals set for the category and achieve/maintain demand/supplier targets that support the LLA business needs.
- Leads a team of Category Managers; is responsible for all (key) staff recruitment, training and development, performance appraisals, performance management, and remuneration for procurement professionals supporting the assigned category, regardless of the Opco in which they reside. This is done in partnership with the Opco CFO on a dotted line basis. Aim is to develop and motivate a high-caliber performance team, increase development opportunities and staff retention.
- Assists Procurement professionals in the team, as needed, during contract negotiations with high risk/visible areas. Results should be successful execution of agreements that are agreeable to internal customers and supports LLA business goals locally, regionally and globally.
- Ensures internal customer issues are addressed and resolved. Results should be to enhance internal customer relations, resolves contract/service/quality disputes, minimizes disruption/maintains internal customer/supplier network, educates/trains internal customers. Initiates and develops improvement programs with suppliers that deliver visible results and are supportive to the Global /Regional / Local category strategy.
- Participates in major corporate, department and/or business initiatives and charter projects, resulting in visible benefits at large, including cost reduction initiatives and result tracking.
- Keeps track of all related projects/activities, geared to deliver target value add.
- Ensures compliance with the corporate governance regulations, i.e. Sarbanes-Oxley and Code of Business Conduct at all times, plus any regulatory requirements needed in the provision of Data Privacy, Golden Rules and other Procurement Policies as published.
Mobile Devices Category Responsibility:
- Manage the procurement of mobile devices, tablets, wearables, accessories for the operation in Liberty Latin America by working with OEMs and distributors.
- Coordinate the implementation and the compliance of product requirements alongside with the LLA product teams to ensure supplier compliance with requested product configuration.
- Serve as the procurement liaison with the implementation of mobile related services including but not limited to 4PL, financing partners, local distributors, retail channel product sourcing compliance, insurance providers, etc.
- Manages the sourcing activities for a mobile devices and related components by executing the Supplier selection, Contracting & Implementation and Contract & Supplier Relationship Management activities for the global/regional/local spend.
- Define strategic sourcing approach along with Supply Chain for Wireless Sourcing, forward and reverse logistics.
Knowledge and experience:
- Academic background (Bachelor): preferably in business administration or finance / procurement
- Relevant experience (+10 years) in Procurement / Supply Chain / relevant Business
- Experience in Mobile Devices and related procuremnt a plus
- Relevant experience in an international / multi-country / matrix environment
- Preferably experience in one (or more) of the Liberty Global affiliates in the Procurement domain, or similar global organisation
- Preferably experience in relevant technological areas of telecommunications
- Demonstrable experience of working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, with a strong focus on customer service
- Good communication and networking skills
- Excellent analytical skills, coupled with general business understanding and the ability to proactively identify new opportunities, building organizational commitment to act on these.
- Strong commercial acumen enabling the creation of compelling, fact based presentations that influence and persuade stakeholders to move and agree to the desired outcome.
- Expert Global stakeholder management, with the proven ability to establish and maintain effective working partnerships at all levels through taking a collaborative approach with a wide range of groups, including corporate departments and affiliates, vendors, as well as other external parties.
- Demonstrate integrity be the ‘conscience of the organization’, working collectively, not individually. Demonstrates high levels of Integrity and openly challenges others
- Engages with the Business using Business Language (commercially focused, not technical jargon). Demonstrates credibility and confidence when addressing the business getting them on-board
Who We Are
We are the leading telecommunications company, connecting more than 40 markets in Latin America and the Caribbean with our video, broadband internet, telephony, and mobile services under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil, BTC, and Cabletica. We started small, and now we’re growing. We’re excited about the future as we strive to unlock opportunities in the region.
Why join us
Technology excites us enables us and drives us. We´re proud of the services we provide, the markets that we serve, and our people coming together to enhance our customers´ lives with technology so that they can connect, work, live and play without missing beat. Throughout Liberty Latin America, our passion and pride are brought to life through our shared vision to bring innovation that will create moments that matter to our customers, delivering growth in our markets with one vision, one culture, and one team.
Liberty Latin America provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, and/or local laws.