Director/Sr,Manager SOX - LLACiudad de Panama, Panama Category: Corporate Sub-Category: Finance
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
The primary purpose of the SOX Director/Sr. Manager position is to lead the SOX assessment process for Liberty Latin America. Lead multiple teams, in various locations, in the collection, analysis, documentation, and consolidation of SOX compliance related data for management reporting purposes in order to comply with the Sarbanes-Oxley legislation, as well as undertaking the testing of the design and operating effectiveness in support of management’s overall assessment.
- Pro-actively engaging with business unit management and process owner and embedding the understanding of required internal control design, documentation requirements, testing and remediation activities in LLA’s developing culture
- Working with LLA management teams and control owners to identify and document key processes and controls for management’s Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICOFR) evaluation and where appropriate disclosure controls
- Adhering to and leading the overall LLA SOX processes, which includes timely delivery of tasks and the related reporting
- Supporting any internal SOX-related applications/databases (e.g. WDesk) with data load, user administration tasks and maintenance
- Ensures key deliverables (e.g. control documentation [Flowcharts, Risk and Control Matrix (RCM)], control testing, evaluation of testing results, other items as requested, etc.) adhere to internal quality standards of LLA, and where necessary, develop and deliver related deliverables on behalf of the LLA SOX function.
- Documenting and reviewing control processes in flowcharts
- Identifying, documenting and reviewing the process level risks and controls that mitigate the identified risks.
- Leading the teams in performing and reviewing tests of design (TOD) and tests of operating effectiveness (TOE) (including designing test plans)
- Evaluating the effectiveness of LLA’s overall internal controls over financial reporting and concluding on the severity of the identified deficiencies (individually and in the aggregate)
- Providing process and control owners ongoing guidance for proper evidence of control performance, process improvements, and other SOX 404 specific matters
- Building effective working relationships with other departments (e.g. Internal Audit, Compliance & Ethics, Financial Reporting, Legal, Treasury etc.)
- Communicating timely and clearly to LLA SOX Senior Director and management progress, issues, deficiencies and other matters as deemed appropriate
- Participating in ad-hoc projects (e.g. “year 1” acquisitions), due diligence or other activities per request
- University degree, preferably in Accounting or Business-related disciplines
- Professionally qualified, ideally a qualified accountant or internal auditor (e.g. CPA, CIA, CISA, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP, SOX 404, the COSO 2013 Framework, and PCAOB internal control audit requirements
- Minimum 10 - 12 years of relevant experience with financial, operational and/or IT audit, including a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience
- Extensive experience flowcharting processes (VISIO) and be able to not only prepare flowcharts and RCMs but be able to review direct reports, team members and outsourced staff work and provide feedback
- Extensive experience identifying and documenting existing controls, identifying control gaps, and testing the design of controls. Must be able to review outsourced and other team members work and provide feedback
- Extensive knowledge and ability to guide management in setting precision and designing and testing completeness and accuracy procedures around information produced by the entity for all internal control areas
- Extensive experience designing test plans, testing and concluding on the operating effectiveness controls (this role will be expected to perform these procedures and review the work performed by direct reports, team members and outsourced staff)
- Experience leading teams, mentoring, training and guiding direct and indirect reports
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to understand and summarize complex information
- Attention to detail – ensures that information is correctly processed and that own work and that of direct reports or colleagues, complies with relevant internal/external guidance, procedures and regulatory requirements; checks work and corrects mistakes promptly
We are the leading telecommunications company, connecting more than 40 markets in Latin America and the Caribbean with our video, broadband internet, telephony, and mobile services under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil, BTC and Cabletica. We started small, and now we’re growing. We’re excited about the future as we strive to unlock opportunities in the region.
Technology excites us enables us and drives us. We´re proud of the services we provide, the markets that we serve and our people coming together to enhance our customers´ lives with technology so that they can connect, work, live and play without missing beat. Throughout Liberty Latin America, our passion and pride are brought to life through our shared vision to bring innovation that will create moments that matter to our customers, delivering growth in our markets with one vision, one culture and one team.
Jobs for you
Director of Network Security & Mobile Workforce Solutions Miami, United States Technology
Senior Director of Network Operations Miami, United States Technology
Director/Sr,Manager SOX - LLA Panama City, Panama Corporate
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs.