IT Hardware Sourcing SpecialistPanama City, Panama Category: Corporate Sub-Category: Finance
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
The Sourcing Specialist is responsible for maximizing LLA’s commercial leverage with third-party suppliers through:
- Managing the procurement of assets which fall within the IT Hardware category (Desktops, Laptops, Servers, Storage, Printers, Scanners, Monitors and other Input & output devices and related peripherals) and the associated recurring annual support.
- Managing the sourcing and contracting process for IT hardware by executing RFXs, managing Supplier selection, Contract & Supplier Relationship Management activities for the regional/local spend.
Sourcing and contracting for Global/Regional/Local spend, responsible for:
- Commodity/Category strategy definition
- Global pricing benchmarking alongside with LGI
- Define negotiation strategies, and related alignment with all stakeholders
- Quantify and report the contribution to the overall savings targets.
- Optimize Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) balancing risk – cost – flexibility/quality
- Improve cash flow by vendor financing and other payment conditions
- Support the execution of Contracting & Implementation activities
- Contract review and execution with related parties
- Contract Management through CMS
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, or related fields.
- Relevant experience in Procurement / IT Hardware Commodity Procurement
- Relevant experience in large corporate environments
- Experience in Category Management preferably in relevant technological areas of telecommunications
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Excel / Access / PP etc.)
- Experience of working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, with a strong focus on cost reduction
- Excellent analytical skills, general business understanding and ability to proactively identify new opportunities, building organizational commitment to act on these.
- Ability to work independently, in teams and closely with senior management team members.
- Fluency (oral & written) in both English and Spanish (highly desired)
- Negotiation Preparation and Contracting execution
- RFx Execution
- Auction and other procurement methods.
- Supplier Screening and Selection
- Total Cost of Ownership Analysis
We are the leading telecommunications company, connecting more than 40 markets in Latin America and the Caribbean with our video, broadband internet, telephony, and mobile services under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil, BTC and Cabletica. We started small, and now we’re growing. We’re excited about the future as we strive to unlock opportunities in the region.
Technology excites us enables us and drives us. We´re proud of the services we provide, the markets that we serve and our people coming together to enhance our customers´ lives with technology so that they can connect, work, live and play without missing beat. Throughout Liberty Latin America, our passion and pride are brought to life through our shared vision to bring innovation that will create moments that matter to our customers, delivering growth in our markets with one vision, one culture, and one team.
/or local laws.