Manager, IT Internal Audit & SOXJob ID: 2021-38597 Panama City, Panama Category: Finance
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
The Manager, IT Internal Audit & SOX will be responsible for manage deficiencies and related remediation efforts, reliability and integrity of financial and operational information and the effectiveness in accomplishment of objectives and goals established for the company and projects
- University degree preferably in IT technology, accounting, internal audit, or other relevant discipline.
- Achieved certification by examination, such as CPA, CIA, CISA, CISM or CISSP
- Minimum 8 years of relevant IT audit experience
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience managing audit teams of 3+ members.
- Working knowledge of SOX 404 requirements and the COSO, CobIT, ITIL, and NIST frameworks.
- Working knowledge of Information Technology and Security operational and financial risks.
- Working knowledge auditing internal controls to evaluate compliance with cybersecurity, payment card industry, business continuity standards.
- Knowledge in audit-oriented data analytics and other general audit techniques.
- Knowledge and experience evaluating the design and testing the operating effectiveness of different types of controls, included but not limited to: General IT controls (GITCs), configured/programmed application controls, and report completeness and accuracy controls in accordance with PCAOB audit requirements.
- Experience evaluating the severity of deficiencies.
- Experience reading and evaluating Service Organization Controls (SOC) reports and impact of conclusions on entity internal controls.
- Experience in the technology, media, and telecoms industry sectors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to understand and summarize complex matters and communicate them effectively across regional and/or functional lines in both English and Spanish.
- Good understanding of risks and controls for both Information Technology and Business Processes, including knowledge of computer audit tools.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor.
- Team-oriented, collaborative, diplomatic and flexible.
We are the leading telecommunications company, connecting more than 40 markets in Latin America and the Caribbean with our video, broadband internet, telephony, and mobile services under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil, BTC and Cabletica. We started small, and now we’re growing. We’re excited about the future as we strive to unlock opportunities in the region.
Technology excites us enables us and drives us. We´re proud of the services we provide, the markets that we serve, and our people coming together to enhance our customers´ lives with technology so that they can connect, work, live and play without missing beat. Throughout Liberty Latin America, our passion and pride are brought to life through our shared vision to bring innovation that will create moments that matter to our customers, delivering growth in our markets with one vision, one culture, and one team.
- Lead, design and facilitate the execution of LLA’s IT SOX & IA programs.
- Lead the performance, supervise the execution and review the documentation of process data flows, process walkthroughs, detail testing (design and operating effectiveness), and identification and evaluation of deficiencies or other findings.
- Review management’s remediation plans and related documentation and provide constructive feedback.
- Prepare and review audit reports and ensuring the conclusions reached for IT controls, including IT General Controls, Automated Controls, Interfaces, Reports and End-User Computing Controls, IT tool testing, among others are appropriate.
- Prepare weekly status reports and ad hoc presentations.
- Supervise teams of one to four members on assigned projects and outsourced staff to ensure results of procedures are delivered according to set deadlines and objectives.
- Perform detailed reviews of team’s work and ensure quality standards are maintained and constant improvement of team.
- Establish and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships with process owners, other internal auditors, external auditors, and other stakeholders.
- Assist in preparing business stakeholders for internal and external audit reviews and evaluating the results.
- Coach and train both SOX/IA team and business stakeholders.
- Communicate timely and clearly to the IT Audit Director, management and the LLA Sr. Director Internal Audit & SOX progress, issues, deficiencies, and other matters.