Senior Data Engineer, IT Architecture & AnalyticsJob ID: 2021-38558 Panama City, Panama Category: Information-Technology
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our team of analytics experts. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams.
The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will work with our Data Solution Architect, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field.
- We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with big data tools: ELK Elastic search, BigQuery, Redshift, S3
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: NIFI, Airflow, Kinesis, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Lambda, Glue, Glue Studio
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Kinesis, Golden Gate, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data lakes / House Lakes.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Why Join Us:
Technology exites us, enables us and drives us. We´re proud of the services we provide, the markets that we serve and our people coming together to enhance our customers lives with technology so that they can connect, work, live and play without missing beat. Troughout Liberty Latin America, our passion and pride are brought to life through our shared vision: to bring innovation that will create moments that matter to our customers, delivering growth in our markets with one vision, one culture and one team.
Liberty Latin America provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
- Work directly with the Data Solution Architect Lead to develop data pipelines and Ontological models
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing if necessary, for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the models required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies. This includes ELT, ETL, and Streaming Data
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our products and processes.
- Work with data and functional analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.