Senior Director Information TechnologyJob ID: 2021-41130 Panama City, Panama Category: Information-Technology
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
What’s the role:
The Senior Director of IT Operations Centre of Excellence, reporting to the Chief Information Officer, will drive the vision and IT strategy over all IT operations to meet customer requirements for support and maintenance of existing applications and infrastructure. This includes oversight of IT Infrastructure and Operations, Applications and DBMS. The role is focused on “run” aspect of IT and leading the team behind the technology systems and services critical to running the business. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong skills in collaboration and will have a deep history in Lean Agile principles while being completely comfortable in a multi-national matrix organization. This position requires an experienced and approachable hands-on leader with excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels, a passion for identifying, mentoring and developing talent, as well as having a strong background in modern technology stacks and methods for the telecommunications industry.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and oversee the implementation of strategic goals for the organization’s information systems and technology by evaluating business processes and organizational needs, identifying cost effective business intelligence solutions, allocating resources, evaluating trends, and anticipating requirements.
- Design, develop, implement and oversee organizational wide data collections, ensure system alignment with organizational and programmatic goals, maintain standards and policies for data systems management and accuracy, ensure staff training and compliance with required procedures, and maintain appropriate system records.
- Support and ensure compliance with global security architecture protocols that reflect and support business, technical, operational, and compliance objectives.
- Develop and manage vendor partnerships for local projects as well as understanding and supporting global partnerships with the same vendors.
- Provide day-to-day management of highly skilled technical teams.
- Provide leadership and direction to the IT Operations team which includes Infrastructure IT Help Desk, Applications and DBMS.
- Oversee takeover from IT Development of new applications and product support, system and databases administration, network operations, PC/desktop support, and integral customer support.
- Develop and track relevant KPIs to drive performance and quality, service availability.
- Provide support for major incidents.
- Develops and controls the annual operating and capital expenditure budget of related spend to ensure it is consistent with overall strategic objectives of the firm.
- Identifies and implements best practices for optimizing IT costs, improving system performance, and ensuring service-level requirements are met.
- Develops and manages strategic vendor and managed services relationships.
- Facilitate technology and related instructional trainings to organization’s staff.
- Manage assigned staff by training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance.
- Provide other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience
- Highly self-motivated and directed professional with a master’s degree or bachelor’s degree with significant experience or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Strong people management experience with a track record of bringing the best out of their team, comfortable having crucial conversations to mitigate performance management issues and inspiring their direct reports to give the best of themselves.
- 15+ years’ experience managing information technology environments and vendor partnerships, preferably in telecommunication environments.
- Strong business intelligence background with successful track record of identifying opportunities to improve processes and strategies with technology solutions.
- Fully bi-lingual in English and Spanish with the ability to communicate complex technical issues and designs in both written and spoken form in either language to all levels of the enterprise as needed.
- Proven problem-solving skills and successful partnerships in a matrix leadership role.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, to make sound decisions independently and to delegate/escalate issues appropriately.
- Extensive knowledge of modern BSS and OSS systems in the telecommunications industry.
- Strategic-minded, results-oriented leader with strong analytical skills.
- Strong verbal, listening and written communication skills with the ability to write policy, technical documentation, reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak and present information effectively to groups of varying sizes and backgrounds.
- Ability to provide positive leadership and to mentor associates and staff.
- Ability to effectively communicate potentially complex issues to executive leadership in our business partner teams.
Who We Are
We are the leading telecommunications company, connecting more than 40 markets in Latin America and the Caribbean with our video, broadband internet, telephony, and mobile services under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil, BTC, and Cabletica. We started small, and now we’re growing. We’re excited about the future as we strive to unlock opportunities in the region.
Why join us
Technology excites us enables us and drives us. We´re proud of the services we provide, the markets that we serve, and our people coming together to enhance our customers´ lives with technology so that they can connect, work, live and play without missing beat. Throughout Liberty Latin America, our passion and pride are brought to life through our shared vision to bring innovation that will create moments that matter to our customers, delivering growth in our markets with one vision, one culture, and one team.
Liberty Latin America provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, and/or local laws.
Jobs for you
Senior Manager, Internal Audit and SOX Miami, United States Finance
Senior Business Intelligence Developer, Information Technology San Juan, Puerto Rico Information Technology
ArcGIS Implementer San Juan, Puerto Rico Strategy
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs.