Senior Manager, Access NetworkJob ID: 2021-58770 Panama City, Panama Category: Technology
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
What's the role:
The Sr. Maneger, Access Network will Act as the design authority for the Company’s mobile access network. The objective is to design the most cost-effective solutions to meet the business demands in terms of capacity and coverage. The role gathers the requirements from every local market, helping them to assess the competitive position and setting the right priorities aligned with the business strategy, improving NPS and reducing the cost to serve.
What you'll do:
- Deliver the Mobile Radio Strategy, delivering the CAPEX estimates and maintaining the yearly CAPEX plan across LLA.
- Compile a database of capacity and coverage requirements from regional VP-TOs where C&W operates mobile networks to define future mobile network expansions.
- Defines and develops internal process to be used by radio network design activities
- Develops innovative and cost effective capacity planning solutions and growth strategies
- Design the most cost-effective solutions to meet market demands in terms of capacity/coverage
- Translate business requirements into network improvements, new coverages, additional capacity and network efficiencies to reduce costs.
- Prepare and review group CAPEX allocations for Mobile RAN each fiscal year cycle. Assist in preparation of Business Cases and prioritization of mobile projects
- Assist RFP/RFQ preparation, evaluations and bid qualifications
- Review and approve BOM/BoQ from vendors against detailed solution specifications
- Support Country managers in presentations, communicate yearly RAN CAPEX allocations a
- Assist planning of mobile evolution roadmap, support new mobile product offerings and launches (Fixed Wireless, TDD LTE, 5G, VoLTE)
- Serve as subject matter expert in emerging technologies, parameter optimization, and feature implementation based on engagement of various technical and non-technical groups from inside or outside the company (vendors) at a market or regional level.
- Provide technical advice to his/her team members and align the team toward the business goals.
- Support the introduction of new technologies by procuring training and documentation material to the different areas
- Provide detailed analysis to management to facilitate tactical and strategic decisions.
- Assess and manage capacity planning
- Build and manage vendor relationships
- Provide 3rd level support to Operations and quality assurance activities thru Tier3 SPOC
- Provide baseline configuration management
- Provide High level designs and low level designs for the execution of the Mobile Network Radio Strategy
- Maintain a strong and motivated team
Knowledge and Experience:
Masters level in Engineering or Information Technology and/or comparable technical engineering degree or bachelor’s level in Engineering or Information Technology with 15+ years’ experience.
Who We Are
We are the leading telecommunications company, connecting more than 40 markets in Latin America and the Caribbean with our video, broadband internet, telephony, and mobile services under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil, BTC, and Cabletica. We started small, and now we’re growing. We’re excited about the future as we strive to unlock opportunities in the region.
Why join us
Technology excites us enables us and drives us. We´re proud of the services we provide, the markets that we serve, and our people coming together to enhance our customers´ lives with technology so that they can connect, work, live and play without missing beat. Throughout Liberty Latin America, our passion and pride are brought to life through our shared vision to bring innovation that will create moments that matter to our customers, delivering growth in our markets with one vision, one culture, and one team.
Liberty Latin America provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, and/or local laws.