Senior Manager, UX and ResearchJob ID: 2021-41226 Panama City, Panama Category: Digital
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
The Sr UX Design and Research is primarily responsible to manage and great user experience and digital customer engagement. This role is responsible for growth and direction of the team of UX researchers, UX/UI designers, and content team as well as creation of LLA wide user experience strategy, content strategy, experience design principles and development of global design system and reference code libraries.
This role will collaborate with all local market brand and product departments to guide, educate and design an experience strategy where the end goal is to enable our customers to get emotionally attached to experience within digital channels and other digital instances.
- Be a champion of the user experience for our LLA customers by setting up a design culture across all countries, inspiring, empathizing and collaborating within the Digital Transformation team.
- Partner with all communities within our digital telcos to envision and build innovative digital products & brand experiences that makes digital experience better.
- Manage the translation of local market brands into global design system by setting powerful, visually based artifacts that will easily and simply convey brand essence and experience
- Manage digital design by understanding impact on development and ensuring proper and consistent delivery of digital interfaces into LLA markets.
- Lead the development and maintenance of LLA global design system for faster scale up and alignment of execution across all markets, channels, operating systems and screen sizes (leveraging material design approach)
- Foster the introduction and acceptance of design thinking methodologies within a strong agile product development execution
- Ensure user research informs requirements over wide variety of primary/secondary research as well as generative user research methods.
- Understand and educate team on importance of analysing and synthetizing insights from multiples sources of qualitative and quantitative data, including in-depth interviews, field observation, innovation lab experiments, digital analytics, qualitative research studies and direct feedback from users.
- Responsible for design decisions. Ensures good practices are always considered alongside customer experience.
- Advice on solving design challenges for digital contexts including digital interactions on physical spaces.
- Lead and mentor a growing design team by providing supportive and constructive feedback to direct reports with the objective of being deeply professional, efficient and collaborative in encouraging conceptual and effective problem solving.
- Bachelor Degree in Human Factors / Human Computer Interaction / Design or related field.
- Master level in Lean UX / Design Thinking / Agile / Innovation degree.
- 10+ years design experience in software product design.
- At least +5 years building and developing high-performance design teams in organizations. Demonstrated ability to attract outstanding talent and inspire/coach them to be their best.
- Experience in building design systems that translate into system code libraries
- Experience in leading design teams in scaled digital transformation programs very desirable.
- Experience in working with design in agile teams (knowledge of agile methodologies (for example, SAFe) and respective tools (Atlassian Suite) also desirable.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, English and Spanish, ability to form strong business relationships across multiple locations.
- A collaborative and inspiring leader who leverages diversity across disciplines, skills, realities of each countries to goal innovation in digital product design.
- Passion for solving design problems wearing multiple hats and be aware of al process of design.
- An entrepreneur mindset with abilities to act strategically and tactically.
- Deep understanding of how design, prototyping and user research meet complex and varied requirements within agile contexts with local and remote teams.
- Demonstrate strong influencing and persuading skills, encourage colleagues and teams to change established processes and achieve improvements and best practices.
We are the leading telecommunications company, connecting more than 40 markets in Latin America and the Caribbean with our video, broadband internet, telephony, and mobile services under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil, BTC and Cabletica. We started small, and now we’re growing. We’re excited about the future as we strive to unlock opportunities in the region.
Technology excites us enables us and drives us. We´re proud of the services we provide, the markets that we serve and our people coming together to enhance our customers´ lives with technology so that they can connect, work, live and play without missing beat. Throughout Liberty Latin America, our passion and pride are brought to life through our shared vision to bring innovation that will create moments that matter to our customers, delivering growth in our markets with one vision, one culture, and one team.