Senior Specialist, Transport DesignJob ID: 2021-56659 Panama City, Panama Category: Technology
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
What's the role:
The Sr. Specialist, Transport Design will oversee the design best practice, cost effectiveness, IP/MPLS Transport solutions for Mobile, Fixed and B2B applications.
What You'll do:
- Evaluate transport requirements submitted by the Mobile, Fixed and B2B departments
- Create High-Level and Low-Level Design documents for the Transport Implementation and Transport Operation teams
- Work closely with vendors reviewing new products, features and protocols to be considered in complex IP/MPLS architectures
- Create highly detailed Visio network diagrams following company standards
- Work regularly with vendors on cost analysis and CAPEX optimization
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Telecommunications Engineering or Computer Science
- Proved hands-on experience Operating and Implementing IP/MPLS networks in a Telecommunications environment
- Minimum 2 years of experience designing IP/MPLS solutions
- Minimum Cisco CCNP Certification or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of end-to-end transport architectures used by Mobile, Broadband, Voice, IPTV and B2B services
- Bilingual Spanish and English is preferred
- Candidates applying for this position are required to have a solid technical background on IP/MPLS Transport in complex technical environments
- Proficient in the creation of network diagrams with thorough attention to detail
- As this is a global position, candidates should have excellent communications skills and strong aptitude to maintain advanced technical discussions with different teams across the organization
- Based on the highly technical skills required for this position, aptitude for continuous learning and training are key qualifications to succeed
- Team player with positive attitude are must-have qualifications for this position
Who We Are
We are the leading telecommunications company, connecting more than 40 markets in Latin America and the Caribbean with our video, broadband internet, telephony, and mobile services under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil, BTC, and Cabletica. We started small, and now we’re growing. We’re excited about the future as we strive to unlock opportunities in the region.
Why join us
Technology excites us enables us and drives us. We´re proud of the services we provide, the markets that we serve, and our people coming together to enhance our customers´ lives with technology so that they can connect, work, live and play without missing beat. Throughout Liberty Latin America, our passion and pride are brought to life through our shared vision to bring innovation that will create moments that matter to our customers, delivering growth in our markets with one vision, one culture, and one team.
Liberty Latin America provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, and/or local laws.
Jobs for you
Senior Manager, Internal Audit and SOX Miami, United States Finance
Senior Business Intelligence Developer, Information Technology San Juan, Puerto Rico Information Technology
ArcGIS Implementer San Juan, Puerto Rico Strategy
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs.