SOX Senior AuditorJob ID: 2021-38491 Panama City, Panama Category: Finance
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
The primary purpose of the SOX Senior position is to support the LLA SOX process at Global Business Service Center (“GBS”) and certain other locations, as requested, in the collection, analysis, documentation, and consolidation of SOX compliance related data for management reporting purposes in order to comply with the Sarbanes-Oxley legislation, as well as performing the design and operating effectiveness testing in support of management’s overall assessment.
- University degree, preferably in Accounting or Business-related disciplines
- Professionally qualified, ideally a qualified accountant or internal auditor (e.g. CPA, CIA, CISA, etc.)
- Minimum 2 - 5 years of relevant experience with financial, operational and/or IT audit, including a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience
- Public Accounting experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to understand and summarize complex information in both English and Spanish is required
- Working knowledge of basic accounting, US GAAP, SOX 404, the COSO 2013 Framework, and PCAOB internal control audit requirements
- Knowledge of audit techniques and test approaches
- Experience flowcharting processes (VISIO) and preparing risk and control matrices (“RCMs”)
- Experience identifying and documenting existing controls, identifying control gaps, and testing the design of controls
- Working knowledge and ability to guide management in setting precision and designing and testing completeness and accuracy procedures around information produced by the entity (“IPE”)
- Experience designing test plans, testing, and concluding on the design and operating effectiveness of controls (this role will be expected to perform these procedures)
- Experience documenting and evaluating deficiencies and assisting management with designing remediation plans
- Strong interpersonal skills who is customer oriented with a positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Proactive and result oriented and can plan and manage own workload including delivery to deadlines, budgets, and quality standards
We are the leading telecommunications company, connecting more than 40 markets in Latin America and the Caribbean with our video, broadband internet, telephony, and mobile services under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil, BTC and Cabletica. We started small, and now we’re growing. We’re excited about the future as we strive to unlock opportunities in the region.
Technology excites us enables us and drives us. We´re proud of the services we provide, the markets that we serve, and our people coming together to enhance our customers´ lives with technology so that they can connect, work, live and play without missing beat. Throughout Liberty Latin America, our passion and pride are brought to life through our shared vision to bring innovation that will create moments that matter to our customers, delivering growth in our markets with one vision, one culture, and one team.
- Ensuring key deliverables (e.g. control documentation [flowcharts, risk, and control matrices (“RCMs”)], control testing, evaluation of testing results, other items as requested, etc.) adhere to internal quality standards of LLA
- Documenting control processes in flowcharts and risk and control matrices (in English)
- Identifying and documenting the process level and financial statement risks (in English)
- Identifying and documenting controls (existing and new controls where needed) that mitigate the identified risks (in English)
- Performing and reviewing tests of design (“TOD”) and operating effectiveness (“TOE”) (in English)
- Identifying and documenting control deficiencies (in English)
- Evaluating and assisting in concluding on the severity of the identified deficiencies (individually and in the aggregate),
- Providing feedback to control owners on remediation plans (in English and Spanish)
- Providing control owners ongoing guidance for proper evidencing of control performance, process improvements and other SOX 404 matters (in English and Spanish)
- Communicating timely and clearly to SOX team members and management on progress, issues, deficiencies, and other matters, as deemed appropriate
- Participating in ad-hoc Internal Audit tests or Compliance projects (e.g. “year 1” acquisitions), due diligence or other activities
- Building effective working relationships with other departments (e.g. Compliance & Ethics, Financial Reporting, Treasury, etc.)