Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us "us" is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you chose to start your career in Latin Liberty America, we're all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
What´s The Role
This role will set the strategy for data and analytics function across Liberty Latin America and establishing the capability across LLA.
The role will develop Data & Analytics strategies, assess existing capabilities across LLA, develop a plan for establishing the data lake and data infrastructure, work with the OpCos to develop the analytics plan based on a prioritized set of use cases and establish and drive the analytics capabilities for LLA.
What You´ll Do
- Conduct a detailed assessment of the current data and analytics capabilities that exist across LLA, including the use of the vendors, capabilities, costs, and benefits derived
- Develop the data and analytics strategy and architecture for LLA
- Define the data and analytics organization structure and operating model including capabilities within the center, OpCos, and COEs
- Launch plan to operationalize the operating model by sourcing/ recruiting the resources required to execute the strategy
- Develop a data architecture and platform strategy and a migration plan and execute on the plan
- Develop the budget (capex, opex) for the function including data platform build and analytics use cases execution
- Manage the execution of the use cases and track progress and value and lead innovation of data and analytics function for LLA
- Manage the data and analytics COE and the resources in the digital COE for allocation and execution of data and analytics initiatives across LLA (if owned), or manage the vendor for execution and delivery of data and analytics initiatives and co-own the building and development of data and analytics resources in a build-operate-transfer model
Knowledge & Experience
- Graduate-level (Bachelors or higher) degree in Information Technology or related field. MBA is a plus
- Minimum 10 years previous relevant leadership experience gained within a large commercial environment
- Deep understanding and experience of relevant data and analytics algorithms, with deep experience in statistical models, machine learning, Artificial intelligence, on various platforms such as Hadoop, SAS etc.
- Ability to understand the use of various analytics models for specific business use cases based on the type of data and results and translate analytics into value
- Ability to manage a set of data scientists and guide them on the appropriate analytics approaches, algorithms, data for the appropriate use cases based on the value
- Deep understanding of / ability to quickly learn business functions and value and the use of advanced analytics in the various functions (marketing, sales, care, operations) to drive effectiveness and efficiency
- Deep knowledge of data (structured, unstructured, textual, digital, voice etc.,) and the appropriate way to obtain, cleanse, store and leverage data
- Deep knowledge of data modeling techniques to establish the LLA strategic data platform for analytics
- Strong record of people management in a technical and commercial environment, including communication, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Solid grasp of business financials, demonstrating a track record of success as a business leader and have the ability to collaborate with various departments to achieve mutual success
- Strong vendor management experience. Expertise in driving operational efficiencies through innovative partner and vendor management
- Significant negotiation skills, both commercially and complex delivery disciplines
- Extensive experience in Agile Software Delivery
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) as a must
Who We Are
We are the leading telecommunications company, connecting more than 40 markets in Latin America and the Caribbean with our video, broadband internet, telephony, and mobile services under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil, BTC and Cabletica. We started small, and now we’re growing. We’re excited about the future as we strive to unlock opportunities in the region.
Why join us
Technology excites us enables us and drives us. We´re proud of the services we provide, the markets that we serve and our people coming together to enhance our customers´ lives with technology so that they can connect, work, live and play without missing beat. Throughout Liberty Latin America, our passion and pride are brought to life through our shared vision to bring innovation that will create moments that matter to our customers, delivering growth in our markets with one vision, one culture and one team.
Liberty Latin America provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.