Sr. Project Manager, M&APanama City, Panama Category: Technology Sub-Category: Technology
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
What’s The Role
The Sr. Project Manager M&A will be responsible for planning, coordination, and communication of projects according to predetermined timelines, milestones ensuring quality control throughout the project lifecycle. Provides independent leadership for these programs through formal governance roles, and by building and maintaining trusted relationships with product and technology leaders.
What You´ll Do
- Leads cross-functional, large, complex, and highly visible projects and/or multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment.
- Directs, lead and motivate a team of highly skilled & knowledgeable managers and members of the project team who are not controlled by the PMO office.
- Builds and lead project teams ensuring quality control throughout the project, lifecycle accomplishing project objectives by planning and evaluating project activities correctly.
- Implements Program and Project Management tools and techniques to ensure the set of strategically aligned projects are completed on time, within budget, and within quality requirements by handling key projects and deliverables supporting corporate initiatives.
- Prepares presentation materials for communicating status, risk, plans, etc. of sufficient quality to be presented in Executive Boardroom-level
- Timely updates of status, changes, and other data on to the systems used for reporting and tracking
- Works to identify and obtain participation from required cross-functional core team members with guidance from strategic business partners or senior staff.
- Builds program plans and maintains program records. Works with the core team to identify and schedule all the work required to fulfill program scope, including identification and management of critical path.
- Tracks and leads the program schedule and task details included in the program plan. Analyzes the actual performance against the plan and makes adjustments consistent with plan objectives including risks and issues. Ensures program breakthroughs are accomplished and ensures overall timelines are met.
- Works with various managers and leaders to layout project implementation guidelines and plan for manpower and/or other resource requirements.
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field preferred or sufficient experience working directly in technical projects or programs.
- 7+ years related experience preferably in the telecommunications industry.
- Certifications: PMP highly preferred.
- Background in one of the following is helpful: Wireless or Wireline networks, SW development, IT functions.
- Fully Bilingual (Spanish and English).
- Comprehensive and strong skills in project and program management, preferably with certification from a recognized professional body e.g. APM, PMI, IPMA.
- Top written and verbal presentation skills are needed, as well as experience in communicating, persuading, and influencing at senior partner level.
- Demonstrates the gravitas and courage needed to build relationships and convey authority in order to resolve conflicts and maintain direction.
- Strong resource management, financial management, and budget management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment required.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong observation abilities.
- Sharp critical thinking skills.
- Strong and effective communication skills (written and verbal), fluency in English
- Self-Starter, ability to produce quality work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to make decisions quickly with a practical approach and accountability.
- Strong planning, organizational, and prioritization skills.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with customers, other team members, and leadership.
- Ability to multi-task and make good judgments under stressful situations.
- Analytical leader experienced in performance-based, action and results-oriented management, strong project manager and effective problem-solver.
Who We Are
We are the leading telecommunications company, connecting more than 40 markets in Latin America and the Caribbean with our video, broadband internet, telephony, and mobile services under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil, BTC, and Cabletica. We started small, and now we’re growing. We’re excited about the future as we strive to unlock opportunities in the region.
Why join us
Technology excites us enables us and drives us. We´re proud of the services we provide, the markets that we serve, and our people coming together to enhance our customers´ lives with technology so that they can connect, work, live and play without missing beat. Throughout Liberty Latin America, our passion and pride are brought to life through our shared vision to bring innovation that will create moments that matter to our customers, delivering growth in our markets with one vision, one culture, and one team.
Liberty Latin America provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, and/or local laws.