Unix Systems EngineerJob ID: 2021-41197 Panama City, Panama Category: Information-Technology
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
The Unix Systems Engineer supports crucial business servers across LLA’s internal corporate services, Mobile (Prepaid + Postpaid) and Fixed services platforms. This resource will drive operational initiatives to reduce cost of IT operations, while increasing availability and improving quality, and NPS.
Preferred education/ qualifications:
- Graduate level (Bachelors or higher) degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, or the equivalent combination of training and experience required.
- IBM Certifications:
- IBM Certified System Administrator – AIX.
- Power Systems for AIX I: LPAR Configuration and Planning.
- PowerHA SystemMirror 7 Planning, Implementation, Customization and Basic Administration.
- Oracle Solaris 11 System Administrator Certification.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of IT and business/industry experience ideally operating in multiple, large, cross-functional teams or projects.
- Systems administration of the following server operating systems: Microsoft Windows, Redhat Enterprise Linux, AIX, HP-UX, Solaris, and OpenVMS.
- Operating in the following soft partitioned environments: VMWare, HyperV, LDOMs, LPARs, Docker.
- Management of devices across on-premise to hybrid cloud environments such as GCP and AWS.
- The use of policy enforcement and compliance reporting tooling.
- The use of deployment, orchestration, and automation tooling.
- Backup and restoration job management using enterprise backup platforms, Veeam, NetBackup, Zerto and Commvault.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, vLANs, Firewalls, routing and switching.
- Exposure to and/or knowledge of security controls and auditing frameworks such as SOX, COSO, SSAE-18.
- Functional knowledge of Office productivity tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Who We Are
We are the leading telecommunications company, connecting more than 40 markets in Latin America and the Caribbean with our video, broadband internet, telephony, and mobile services under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil, BTC, and Cabletica. We started small, and now we’re growing. We’re excited about the future as we strive to unlock opportunities in the region.
Why join us
Technology excites us enables us and drives us. We´re proud of the services we provide, the markets that we serve, and our people coming together to enhance our customers´ lives with technology so that they can connect, work, live and play without missing beat. Throughout Liberty Latin America, our passion and pride are brought to life through our shared vision to bring innovation that will create moments that matter to our customers, delivering growth in our markets with one vision, one culture, and one team.
Liberty Latin America provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, and/or local laws.
- Maintain server Operating Systems and environments in a manner that is compliant with established policies and SLAs.
- Establish baseline images for systems to ensure consistency in server configuration and deployments.
- Development of standards, processes and monitoring strategies for the performance of systems/processes required for reliable and consistent service delivery to consumers of the systems.
- Develop, maintain, and operate disaster recovery systems & regular backup jobs for systems with restorations for incidents or periodic testing.
- Manage and monitor system resources, usage, system logs, message queues, active jobs and outputs, for normal and error message and to detect error codes and conditions.
- Contribute to the DevOps thrust by providing tangible suggestions capable of advancing automation of outdated manual processes.
- Provide day-to-day 24x7 support across IT as 2nd & 3rd level support for IT System Administration.
- Provide support to the compliance team in the timely completion of audit requests.
- Support migration initiatives for the relocation of compute resources and operating systems.
- Work closely with problem managers/service managers to ensure follow up RCA’s.
- Drive Operational initiatives.