B2B Core Operations Cloud Infrastructure EngineerJob ID: 2021-58725 Panama Category: Technology
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
What's the role:
The B2B Core Operations Cloud Infrastructure role is responsible for keep an appropriate capacity planning for growing and maintaining compute operation for central platforms such as SD-WAN Controllers, BENU Controllers, SIEM core, Forti Manager , CCoD, HCS and keep usage at appropriated level. In addition, work with local operations, service delivery and support teams to define best practices, procedures, and customer onboarding tools. Finally, it serves as a third level escalation point, based on predefined service level conditions to act as a mediator between Customer Care Center teams and suppliers.
What you'll do:
- Plan and execute Core Components critical change management.
- To manage inventory and documentation of working hardware, to monitor and analyze capacity and availability growth. Keep records on support contracts and hardware versions and take appropriated actions when needed.
- Work actively with local operations teams to ensure correct working standards for platforms and guarantee SLAs are accomplished.
- Plan and execute Software Components critical change management.
- Execute the administrator role for Storage/Compute infrastructure located along all LLA secondary sites (non-DC).
- Provide level 3 support for application issues including vendor engagement.
- Define and execute the maintenance routines for the applications under its responsibility and execute them on a regular basis.
- Being the link between Product Engineering with other LLA areas managing software Systems inside the company.
- Participate in Capex/Opex budgeting
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Security, telecommunications).
- +5 of experience specific in design, plan, install and support modern converged datacenter infrastructures.
- Systems Engineer, Electronic or Electric Engineer, with at 7+ year of experience in the fields of design, install and support large scale Datacenter Architectures, mainly based on Intel X.86 platforms, with certification Cisco CCNP Datacenter and strong knowledge in other vendors including IBM and HP. Strong technical skills with one of the following virtualization technologies: VMware VSphere, Citrix Xen, or Hyper-V.
- Strong technical Skills planning, designing, and installing large scale with: Cisco UCS hardware B-series, C-series, Cisco Nexus Switches, Cisco UCS Fabric.
- Proficiency with networking, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP.
- EMC, IBM, NetApp, or other main Storage vendor Professional level certifications are also accepted.
- Project management experience is a plus..
- Ability to understand the needs of non-technical customers, to conceptualize, launch and deliver technology-enabled business change projects.
- Ability to deliver basic training & workshop sessions as part of the product launch process.
- Leadership qualities and ability to coordinate physical and virtual resources and initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels of associates, as well as management across multiple locations.
- Independently solve complex problems while applying appropriate technologies
- Travel is an integral expectation of this position as the needs of our customers and our business demand.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in both languages: Spanish and English.
- Ability to work and coordinate with multiple teams the complete solution design, including multiple layers like network, security, compute, virtualization, storage.
Who We Are
We are the leading telecommunications company, connecting more than 40 markets in Latin America and the Caribbean with our video, broadband internet, telephony, and mobile services under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil, BTC, and Cabletica. We started small, and now we’re growing. We’re excited about the future as we strive to unlock opportunities in the region.
Why join us
Technology excites us enables us and drives us. We´re proud of the services we provide, the markets that we serve, and our people coming together to enhance our customers´ lives with technology so that they can connect, work, live and play without missing beat. Throughout Liberty Latin America, our passion and pride are brought to life through our shared vision to bring innovation that will create moments that matter to our customers, delivering growth in our markets with one vision, one culture, and one team.
Liberty Latin America provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, and/or local laws.