IT Operational Intelligence AdministratorJob ID: 2021-38608 Panama Category: Information-Technology
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
What’s the role:
The Operational Intelligence Administrator will administer Splunk, ELK and other miscellaneous monitoring tooling environments to capture and correlate data from our enterprise application stacks to provide business intelligence, historical baselines, real-time performance and operational health monitoring.
Knowledge & Experience
Preferred education/ qualifications:
- Graduate level (Bachelors or higher) degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, or the equivalent combination of training and experience required.
- Splunk Certification: Developer, Enterprise Admin
- Elastic Certified Engineer would be a plus
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of IT and business/industry experience ideally operating in multiple, large, cross-functional teams or projects
- 4+ years of experience with Splunk in one of the following areas: IT Operations, DevOps, Compliance
- 3+ years of UNIX/Linux operating system administration
- Experience with scripting languages to automate tasks and manipulate data
- Experience with integrating solutions in a multi-vendor environment, including SaaS environments
- Understanding of Splunk scalability, capacity planning, search head and index clustering.
- Understanding of system log files and other structured and non-structured data
- Understand methods of collection, logging, event forwarding, and tuning / baselining data
- Understanding methods of data lifecycles and archiving/retrieval of historical data
Who We Are
We are the leading telecommunications company, connecting more than 40 markets in Latin America and the Caribbean with our video, broadband internet, telephony, and mobile services under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil, BTC, and Cabletica. We started small, and now we’re growing. We’re excited about the future as we strive to unlock opportunities in the region.
Why join us
Technology excites us enables us and drives us. We´re proud of the services we provide, the markets that we serve, and our people coming together to enhance our customers´ lives with technology so that they can connect, work, live and play without missing beat. Throughout Liberty Latin America, our passion and pride are brought to life through our shared vision to bring innovation that will create moments that matter to our customers, delivering growth in our markets with one vision, one culture, and one team.
Liberty Latin America provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, and/or local laws.
What you’ll do:
- Architect, design, support, and maintains Splunk/ELK environments for a highly available and disaster recovery configuration.
- Troubleshoot Splunk platform and application issues, escalate the issue and work with Splunk support to resolve issues.
- Create and maintain documentation related to architecture and operational processes for Splunk/ELK.
- Create and manage knowledge objects (field extractions, macros, event types, etc.).
- Onboard new data sources into tooling, analyzed the data for anomalies and trends, and built dashboards highlighting key trends.
- Perform data mining and analysis, utilizing various queries and reporting methods.
- Perform routine health checks, maintenance tasks, update, upgrade, and implement new capability.
- Monitor the agent and server infrastructure for capacity planning and optimization.
- Engage application and infrastructure teams to establish best practices for utilizing Splunk/ELK data and visualizations.
- Mentor users and other groups on their use of Splunk.
- Improve efficiency through process improvement and automation.
- Effectively and accurately document work in various formats including, standard operating procedures, service requests, incident reports, and change management requests.