Senior Analyst, AccountingJob ID: 2021-58669 Panama Category: Finance
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
What's the role:
The Accounting Analyst role is a critical role that will be focused on the day to day accounting and financial functions located in the Panama Operations Center. Works closely and will partner with all levels of the business to deliver high quality accounting and reporting service and analysis to business units.
What you'll do:
- Performing regular standard tasks of General Accounting function
- Reconciling of the balances between the companies within the group (assets and liabilities)
- Recording recurring Journal entries, booking revenues and costs.
- Ensures timely input and generation of accounting documents and batches, reconciles and balances related financial reports and accounts
- Managing, organizing and updating relevant data in General Accounting using database applications
- Ensuring the performance of the General Accounting function in conformity with the metrics/standard
- Participating in the continuous improvement process
- Seeking advice and escalating issues when facing tasks/problems outside normal scope of job Skills, knowledge & experience
Knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business, Finance or Accounting
- Accounting Experience (experience in Public Accounting preferred) Shared Service or related field.
- Excellent English in both verbal and written form; Spanish desirable but not essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, strong analytical skills, the ability to handle multiple projects at once.
- Strong knowledge of telecommunications and the dynamics of mobile, fixed, and media markets preferred (desirable)
- Multinational and Multicurrency accounting environment experience a plus.
- knowledge of financial systems
- knowledge of US GAAP & IFRS accounting standards
- Strong Excel Skills required.
Who We Are
We are the leading telecommunications company, connecting more than 40 markets in Latin America and the Caribbean with our video, broadband internet, telephony, and mobile services under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil, BTC, and Cabletica. We started small, and now we’re growing. We’re excited about the future as we strive to unlock opportunities in the region.
Why join us
Technology excites us enables us and drives us. We´re proud of the services we provide, the markets that we serve, and our people coming together to enhance our customers´ lives with technology so that they can connect, work, live and play without missing beat. Throughout Liberty Latin America, our passion and pride are brought to life through our shared vision to bring innovation that will create moments that matter to our customers, delivering growth in our markets with one vision, one culture, and one team.
Liberty Latin America provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, and/or local laws.