Sr. Tax AccountantPanama, Panama Category: Corporate Sub-Category: Finance
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
The Senior Tax Accountant will join a tax department to be primarily responsible for the tax provision preparation for the LATAM region countries. The position will also provide support with ASC740 tax reporting, FIN 48 analysis, tax audit assistance, third party withholding advice and local compliance oversight.
- Prepare and analyze all book to tax differences for assigned LATAM entities for tax provision compliance and reconcile the differences between provision and return. Maintain tax depreciation schedules, net operating loss schedules, and reconcile tax payable roll forward schedules.
- Provide support in the documentation and explanation of calculations and disclosures to the external audit team.
- Assist in the implementation and execution of documentation and internal control obligations under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Regularly collect and interpret tax data from across markets to build meaningful cash tax projections and provide tax liquidity updates to the tax team and executive management.
- Quarterly update of uncertain tax positions calculation and memo.
- Assist in certain technical research projects to support tax technical positions.
- Provide advice on the applicable rates with respect to the third-party withholding.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance related careers with an accounting/tax major
- Certified Public Accountant preferred.
- 3-5 years of public accounting (Big 4) and/or industry experience, specifically in corporate tax.
- Experience with OneSource Income Tax software is preferred, but not mandated.
- Experience working with LATAM countries.
- Experience with SEC reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex, demanding and dynamic environment.
- Detail-oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Strong written, oral, and analytical skills with an ability to interpret data and concisely articulate technical information.
- Energetic with a strong work ethic, high personal standard of ethical conduct and ability to securely handle confidential information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in English.
We are the leading telecommunications company, connecting more than 40 markets in Latin America and the Caribbean with our video, broadband internet, telephony, and mobile services under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil, BTC, and Cabletica. We started small, and now we’re growing. We’re excited about the future as we strive to unlock opportunities in the region.
Technology excites us enables us and drives us. We´re proud of the services we provide, the markets that we serve and our people coming together to enhance our customers´ lives with technology so that they can connect, work, live and play without missing beat. Throughout Liberty Latin America, our passion and pride are brought to life through our shared vision to bring innovation that will create moments that matter to our customers, delivering growth in our markets with one vision, one culture, and one team.