Supply Chain Manager - MobilePanama, Panama Category: Corporate Sub-Category: Supply Chain
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
The Supply Chain Manager – Mobile will Lead sales and operations planning process, to enable demand-supply balancing analysis. Confers with business function on demand planning and forecasting assumptions, analysis, and decisions.
- Supports back-office operations for retail stores in Puerto Rico. include inventory monitoring, manual
- order placement, discrepancies, etc.
- Leads Logistics Analyst, Inventory Specialist, Inventory Administrator, and other cross-functional team members to support the timely delivery of products requirements.
- Prepares, presents and explains budgets, key performance indicators, and metrics including statistics related to the demand planning and forecasting function.
- Calculates and monitors inventory levels to ensure optimum inventory levels including safety stock and point of sales.
- Devises and implements processes and controls to secure the company’s inventory, and all inventory activities are tracked and recorded correctly through its lifecycle.
- Manages planning and scheduling of physical inventory to meet availability, turns, and budgeting / CAPEX goals.
- Executes sales and operations planning process, to enable demand-supply balancing analysis and confers with business function on demand planning and forecasting assumptions, analysis, and decisions.
- Collaborates with internal customers as well as Finance, Global Planning, and Sr. Manager Puerto Rico Supply Chain Management in preparing annual capital expenditure budget for wireless devices spares for wireless network equipment, installation materials, installation labor, reverse logistics, and accessories.
- Leads collaborative planning between internal and external parties for execution of plans and continuous improvement opportunities including maintenance of supply planning stocking strategy and system outputs (safety stock levels, lead-time, minimum, and maximum stock levels at the point of sales).
- Executes processes associated with the planning, acquisition, and distribution of wireless devices, materials, and spare parts for wireless network equipment.
- Performs inventory reporting, management, and fulfillment throughout internal warehouses, third-party logistics warehouse, pick up & deliver stations, point of sales (stores), and contractors.
- Monitors and tracks the lifecycle of wireless devices, critical spare parts for wireless network equipment and resolves inventory issues to ensure the validity of inventory data in the inventory or ERP system.
- Responsible for inventory control, cycle counts, physical inventory coordination, and any other activity required to ensure the safekeeping of assets.
- Manages disposal of fixed assets ensuring write-offs are executed as per approved operational procedures in close collaboration with Finance until sale or disposal is complete.
- Manages day to day reverse logistics planning activities and communications required to ensure timely product availability at the point of sales.
- Defines, creates, presents explains key performance indicators and implement actions to drive improvements.
- Creates reports for data analysis, as needed to analyze and interpret data / trends on business performance and develop and improve through the root cause analysis and corrective and preventive actions.
- Collaborates and works closely with the Centre of Excellence (CoE) Global Supply Chain to develop and deploy standardized global reports.
- Leads planning strategic programs and projects in support of new product introduction.
- Manage Supply Chain Wireless team (Multiple FTE – number TBC)
- Other duties as assigned such as report writing, data collection, and entry, lead continuous improvement initiatives, Supply Chain Management representative in projects, product launches, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance. Master’s Degree / MBA is a plus
- Preferable knowledge in electronic telecommunications equipment, wireless or insurance industry.
- Min. 5 years of working experience in a similar role or industry position – experience in the Mobile industry preferably
- Highly ethical and organized, self-starter who can work unattended in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical and highly detail-oriented and able to handle a quickly changing environment.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a wireless company and in a complex operational environment.
- Hands-on experience with supply & demand planning tools/systems (Excel, SAP, JDA, Logility, etc.)
- Experience and appreciation of working in a customer-focused environment essential.
- Effectively communicates at all levels.
- Demonstrates strong influencing and persuading skills to encourage colleagues to follow procedure.
- Ability to work independently to accomplish goals without the need for immediate management oversight.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to form strong business relationships across multiple departments and locations.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Excel, Visio, Word, PowerPoint and, Outlook.
- Strong presentation skills.
- ERP systems preferably SAP and or Great Plains or other class-leading ERP experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, fully bilingual English and Spanish.
We are the leading telecommunications company, connecting more than 40 markets in Latin America and the Caribbean with our video, broadband internet, telephony, and mobile services under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil, BTC, and Cabletica. We started small, and now we’re growing. We’re excited about the future as we strive to unlock opportunities in the region.
Technology excites us enables us and drives us. We´re proud of the services we provide, the markets that we serve, and our people coming together to enhance our customers´ lives with technology so that they can connect, work, live and play without missing beat. Throughout Liberty Latin America, our passion and pride are brought to life through our shared vision to bring innovation that will create moments that matter to our customers, delivering growth in our markets with one vision, one culture, and one team.