UX research LeadJob ID: 2021-56902 Panama Category: Digital
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
What's the role:
The UX Research Lead per cluster is primarily responsible for develop and lead the strategy in conjunction with Digital Team in LLA to obtain important insights from the users in to create a journey-focused research appropriate to the country, understand and analyze user needs, frustrations, motivations and pain points to help to the UX Team to obtain moments of truth that will make our user experiences unique and well designed. This role works together with Sr. Lead UX Research & Design, UX Designers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters and Development team. Also with Business areas.
What you'll do:
- This role helps to create and steward journey-focused UX research best practices, methodologies, and processes and will inspire, design, and build the future of digital evangelizing the culture of LLA and all countries about customer centricity.
- Capture primary (interviews, usability, and surveys), secondary (analytics) and external (market, emerging, competitive) information to inform analyses and roadmaps.
- Lead and conduct research studies that drive tactical and strategic product and design decisions
- Coordinate, conduct, and moderate user-facing research activities on-site at the customer location including but not limited to interviews, surveys, contextual inquiries
- Validate new designs through ad-hoc or formalized user feedback sessions with internal users or customers
- Present qualitative and quantitative research findings to Digital Team and key stakeholders in compelling and creative ways.
- Workflow modeling and prototyping in close collaboration with UX and UI Designer.
- Design Users Personas through identification of user needs, goals, pain points, market trends.
- Intelligently inform priorities by balancing deep understanding of user needs with business imperatives.
- Understand and educate team on importance of analysing and synthetizing insights from multiples sources of qualitative and quantitative data, including in-depth interviews, field observation, innovation lab experiments, digital analytics, qualitative research studies and direct feedback from users.
- Ensures precise user research principles and lead the team in developing an intuitive ability to solve problems with a customer first viewpoint.
- Bring expertise to multiple design research methodologies with special focus on ethnographic research. Guidance on related methodology and the process development
- Advice on solving design challenge in a range of digital contexts including digital interactions on physical spaces.
- Understand and educate the company on importance of analysing and understanding the main insights from multiples sources of qualitative and quantitative data, including in-depth interviews, field observation, user personas, co-design sessions with users and stakeholders, experiments, digital analytics, qualitative research studies and direct feedback from users.
- Help UX and UI Designers to translate user research through storytelling into digital interfaces that produces satisfaction, empathy and connection with the users, responding present and future digital realities.
Knowledge and experience:
- College Degree in Anthropology, Sociology, Human Factors, Psychology, Design, HCI, or related field, of experience with applied UX Research and Design
- Master level in Lean UX & Design Thinking / Master in Consumer Behaviors
- +7 years conducting user research for digital based products, preferably with corporate experience
- Ability to perform all research-related tasks in the research project lifecycle: Create a test plan, write a screener, recruit users, schedule users, moderate test, create video clip highlights, top line results, create research findings summary, and effectively present and share results
- Experience in customer focused environment essential and with executive and senior level management.
- Agile Certification is desirable.
- UX Certification is desirable.
Who We Are
We are the leading telecommunications company, connecting more than 40 markets in Latin America and the Caribbean with our video, broadband internet, telephony, and mobile services under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil, BTC, and Cabletica. We started small, and now we’re growing. We’re excited about the future as we strive to unlock opportunities in the region.
Why join us
Technology excites us enables us and drives us. We´re proud of the services we provide, the markets that we serve, and our people coming together to enhance our customers´ lives with technology so that they can connect, work, live and play without missing beat. Throughout Liberty Latin America, our passion and pride are brought to life through our shared vision to bring innovation that will create moments that matter to our customers, delivering growth in our markets with one vision, one culture, and one team.
Liberty Latin America provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, and/or local laws.