Access Coaxial & Fiber Network DesignerJob ID: 2021-42176 San Juan, Puerto Rico Category: Technology
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
Access Coaxial/Fiber Optics Designer is to offer technical assistance in Urbanistic drawing production work, analysis, coaxial & fiber optic network design, fiber splice plans, cable duct and routing include work with Material list, Power Supply Loads, fiber optic distances, FTTH, HFC calculations. Should be works with non-routine assignments of substantial variety and complex. The designer should be work with different types of fiber optic and coaxial designs and apply the best practice company, client, project design, and drafting standards.
- Ensures make a good analysis of Coaxial, fiber optics design and have demonstrable knowledge about internet, cable TV and telephone signals.
- Update and maintain the specifications and drawings of existing Coaxial, Fiber Network and B2B Designs.
- Inspect and visit the physical terrain for any equipment installation, design evaluation, or recommendations. Identify and rectify any issues related to permits, infrastructure and other matters that may affect the project.
- Analyze and take consideration surrounding environments before take field data, design, building or finalizing network designs.
- Responsible to collect field data follows the stablished process, using the ArcGIS forms and use the rough drawing. Offer recommendations about the aerial infrastructure, underground and Vertical Structures and assist in the physical implementation of the design to avoid any complications.
- Design using our methodology and comply with National Electrical Codes (NEC), specs stablish by standard techniques of The Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE).
- Maintain drawing sequence and presentation, sizing various system components, coaxial, fiber optic and refining all drawings.
- Give track of the ongoing projects and maintaining the Statistic data records of the outside plant design network.
- Produce must be capable of building Bill of Material (BOM), Pole and Underground Infrastructure hardware, coaxial and fiber equipment’s, costs, and components required for the layout.
- Should be able to create a documentation process to address potential issues among technical staff during the installation process or upgrades.
- Works in close coordination with the engineering and field personnel to finish the project within the budget and stipulated time frame.
- Responsible for taking care of the schedules, budgets and project criteria for physical designs.
- Organize and maintain data base of designs creating and produce all revisions of project drawings, plot files and project-related information in a logical and well-structured manner.
- Responsible for initiate the process of documentation chain for a better understanding of the on-going problems and overall network performance.
- Archive network blueprints, notes and records with diligence for future use and update documentation throughout the project on an ongoing basis using the following documenting platforms and software's: ArcGIS, AutoCad, Lode Data, ARCFM, DHFC.
- Responsible to Design and Maintain Coaxial & Fiber Optics System as per documenting protocol and enable the future creation of useful, integrated network design and upgrades of outside plant.
- Maintains oversight of Contract workforce to confirm accurate workflow is being performed on all activities as per agreed contracts.
- Conducts final QC and plant verification to confirm accuracy of final as-built plant documentation.
- Conducts final labor and material reconciliation according to Company Capital guidelines.
- Provides field assistance to system construction crews and other designers.
- Prepares charts, diagrams, drawings, and other graphic materials for use by technical, Construction, Planning, Project Manager and other groups as required.
- Assists in field surveys, preparation of cost estimates, inventories, material, and equipment ordering information.
- Assists in conducting layout analysis to resolve layout efficiency, equipment economy and system operational simplicity.
- Provides information to operations staff which assists in planning, control, budgeting, and management of the system(s).
- Assists in acquiring and processing permits as directed by the Government Agencies and Municipalities
- Prepares and distributes blueprints or print reproductions, charts, graphs, or sketches for various projects, as required.
- Responsible for marking Liberty’s Network Plant by Government Agency (Excavations Center) procedure request.
- Business and Residential Site Surveys, in coordination with building owners and or third parties building-entry, as required. Take Measures, cable routing and eventual Equipment Colocation on customer premises.
- Prioritize safety, quality and time management and organize skills.
- Other functions may be assigned.
- BA/Associate Degree or equivalent in Electronics
- Experience in general of engineering drafting and the ability to use tools, instruments, and materials normally used in applicable phases of the cable television industry.
- AutoCad Degree/ Associate Degree in Drafter is required
- ArcGIS / ArcGIS PRO /ArcFM (Fiber Management Platform) Experience and All applications related.
- Lode Data Experience
- 3+ years of Drafting & Design experience
- Expertise in telecommunication design principles, industry standards, and installation practices. Maintain and fomented best practices for splicing, termination, and testing methodology.
- Experience in the design and delivery of telecommunication products and Knowledge of coaxial & fiber, aerial, underground and intra-building solutions.
- Ability to evaluates and produce reports, drawings, and Power Loads calculations, Bill of Material list.
- Should have deep understanding of equipment characteristics, capabilities and limitations, design alternatives and other factors, including field situations and practices, past and current, which influence system design.
- Knowledge of algebra, trigonometry, components, magnetism, AC and DC theory and circuits, resonate circuits and filters, electron tube and transistor fundamentals, amplifiers, and oscillators.
- Knowledge of aerial and underground telecommunication construction practices required, and Government Agencies and Municipality permits requirements.
- Knowledge of drafting techniques and principles and ability to use common drafting tools and instruments.
- Knowledge and ability to use common ArcGIS Applications, tools and instruments related.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English).
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work on ladders, scaffolding, and confined spacesKnowledge and ability to use common ArcGIS Applications, tools and instruments related.
Liberty Puerto Rico provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, social status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, military service obligation, disability status, genetic information, political affiliation, and being or being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking. In addition to federal law requirements, Liberty aligns with applicable local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Assessment, background check and drug test will be required to successful candidate.
If you believe you have been discriminated against you may notify the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Federal Communications Commission, or other appropriate agency.
Jobs for you
Senior Manager, Internal Audit and SOX Miami, United States Finance
Senior Business Intelligence Developer, Information Technology San Juan, Puerto Rico Information Technology
ArcGIS Implementer San Juan, Puerto Rico Strategy
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs.