Analyst, Business AnalysisJob ID: 2021-56782 San Juan, Puerto Rico Category: Strategy
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
Analyzes needs, designs, writes and tests new solutions, to fulfill business needs. This role will be an integral component of the organization's data governance, delivering valuable information through Intelligence and Analytics, providing direct support to the entire company. Applies judgment in devising program logic by selecting and adapting standard programming procedures, ultimately providing insights to help us make better decisions.
- Translate business needs to technical specifications. Supports Product Strategy Team to guarantee that the accurate data is effectively processed and analyzed to understand business needs, customer behavior, and maintain key essential metrics.
- Design and build solutions to improve daily operations by gathering information from various systems in order to fully analyze trends, ensure product success, and find opportunities in our core networks and operations.
- Develop ETL’s under standard industry tools, implementing custom automated processes to ensure accurate processing and management of internal data. These processes are a must in accessing necessary collected data to run our company operations.
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses in various database languages. T-SQL, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL.
- Build automatic procedures for monthly and daily reports needed by transferring data from any of our core systems, to help with short term and long range company planning.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Build visualizations and reports for requested projects
- Serve as information support for other company areas by running ad-hoc and other periodical reports as requested.
- Develop and update user documentation
- Demonstrates and ensures compliance with the Customer First Philosophy, Liberty Latin America policies and procedures including the Code of Conduct and safety standards and procedures.
- Other functions may be assigned.
Bachelor's degrees in a computer-related field, mathematics or engineering preferred.
2+ years of relevant experience.
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- Familiarity with BI technologies (e.g. Microsoft Power BI, Tableau Software)
- Knowledge in REST/SOAP API interactions with Postman.
- Skills in requirements gathering, designing, prototyping, troubleshooting, and supporting users.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Liberty Puerto Rico provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, social status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, military service obligation, disability status, genetic information, political affiliation, and being or being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking. In addition to federal law requirements, Liberty aligns with applicable local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Assessment, background check and drug test will be required to successful candidate.
If you believe you have been discriminated against you may notify the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Federal Communications Commission, or other appropriate agency.