ArcGIS ImplementerJob ID: 2021-38949 San Juan, Puerto Rico Category: Strategy
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
The GIS Implementer performs technical hands-on project manager and is responsible for designing, managing and delivering complex geospatial implementations for telecommunication industry. This position entails using expert GIS skills to perform advanced technical tasks, leading team members to do the same and often managing the projects from start to finish. Implementation projects may consist of many of the following elements: software selection, installation, configuration and/or customization; geospatial systems integration; database creation, conversion, migration and/or maintenance. The GIS Implementer has the primary responsibility for liaising with the client, determining requirements, designing an implementation solution and getting it approved and then executing the solution. The GIS Implementation is responsible for making sure that client requirements are translated accurately to the team that implements the solution and then for making sure that the solution is implemented and communicated accurately to the client. GIS Implementer participate heavily in the writing of proposals and budgets for the projects that they are responsible for. On most projects, GIS Implementer also manage the projects’ budgets, reporting, and invoicing. GIS Implementer work closely with and often take strategic direction from Project Portfolio.
Provide technical analysis, design, and architecture for GIS databases and systems implementation, as well as organizational analysis to the level needed to support the technical solutions proposed.
- Liaise with our software development teams to help translate user requirements into software specifications.
- Install, configure and train users on custom software written by our development teams.
- Advise on and help clients to implement organizational changes to enable and support the technical solutions.
- Establish and maintain strong, healthy relationships with internal departments.
- Assist clients with system implementation tasks, data development and various development services.
- Ensure that development projects meet business requirements and goals, to ensure benefits.
- Test and troubleshoot solution components and advise on resolutions.
- Fulfill end-user requirements, identify and resolve systems issues.
- Install, configure and manage ArcGIS for Server and SQL Server / Oracle/ PostgreSQL databases.
- Create, configure and manage ArcGIS for Server map and data services.
- Configure and publish ArcGIS for Server-based web sites using third party middleware.
- Write user manuals and training materials, and deliver training.
- Participate in the design, analysis and documentation for proposals, client projects and internal projects.
- Lead project teams.
- Report progress to PMO.
- Remain within project budgets and schedules, and help maximize company success, reputation and profitability.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Experience in spatial data creation, editing and conversion using ArcGIS and loading into an enterprise versioned geodatabase
- Hands-on experience with SQL Server / Oracle enterprise versioned geodatabases
- Experience in creating ArcGIS for Server dynamic and cached map services, image services, locators, etc.
- Experience in configuring/implementing/customizing/securing GIS web viewers
- Project management experience with responsibility for budgets, schedules and deliverables, medium to large scale project experience preferred
- Experience working with SQL Server Management Studio
- Excellent English, both written and spoken, and comfort communicating with a variety of clients, staff, and other professionals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Geography, GIS or other relevant field.
- Effectively interface and professionally communicate with Management and colleagues in Engineering, Third Party Engineering & Construction crews, Project Management, Network Engineering, B2B operations, and vendors, among others.
- Create simple ad-hoc or presentation-quality maps, depending on the situation, for engineers, account executives and peers.
- Prepare information in various formats (e.g., maps, spreadsheets, slides) for field operations, and network operations when requested.
- Organize workday efficiently to maximize productivity by utilizing proper time management techniques.
- Balance priorities with consideration for importance and urgency of projects. Quickly switch between numerous small projects, requiring immediate response, and larger projects having multiple steps and longer deadlines.
- Provide necessary inputs in support of optical platform troubleshooting, including measured and/or predicted distances and losses across the optical spectrum.
- Develop and maintain process layouts, specifications, data sheets, procedures, and quality inspections for the department.
- Serves as a consultant for special projects.
- Assists in the accomplishment of company objectives by performing other related duties as assigned.
DBA experience with SQL Server, Oracle and/or ArcSDE
- ArcGIS for Server Administration
- Prior consulting experience including significant interaction with clients
- Experience with deploying Geocortex Essentials sites and workflows
- Experience with Model Builder, Python Scripting
- Basic programming skills and comprehension of software development logic• Experience with GPS field data collection (i.e. not surveying)
- Experience with mobile GIS applications: ArcGIS Mobile, HTML5, native apps
- Experience with web development and/or web server administration
- Experience creating ArcGIS Server geoprocessing services
- Demonstrable hands-on experience with AutoCAD
- A collaborative teammate who appreciates the value of communicating, brainstorming and sharing information
- Enthusiastic and career driven problem solver who enjoys widely-varied technical challenges
- Able to visits to stores and sites
- Able to thrive in a dynamic environment with rapidly changing objectives and priorities
- A GIS promoter who comfortably and enthusiastically engages non-techies in discussions about technology
- Must have a proficient working knowledge of GIS.
- Must have a proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, as well as Google Drive.
- Must be able to think critically and analytically.
- Must be able to work with a team and have proficient communication skills.
- Must be able to pay very close attention to detail.
- Must be a quick learner.
- The environment we work in is consistently changing from day to day so you must be adaptable to a quick changing environment.
- Must be able to multitask efficiently.
- Must be able to use Telecommunication tools to do in-depth research.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work within a timeline.
- Meet and comply with all Liberty safety’s practices and industry standard practicesy
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate has the following additional knowledge and skills.
- Knowledgeable of project implementation methodologies such as PMI, Water Fall, Agile or others.
- Ability to work with and interpret results from
- Ability to use AutoCAD, Google Earth, Bentley Micro station, or equivalent software
- Understanding of Spatial Analysis and ERIS technology
- Strong understanding of Geoprocessing and ESRI technology.
Liberty Puerto Rico provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, social status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, military service obligation, disability status, genetic information, political affiliation, and being or being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking. In addition to federal law requirements, Liberty aligns with applicable local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Assessment, background check and drug test will be required to successful candidate.
If you believe you have been discriminated against you may notify the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Federal Communications Commission, or other appropriate agency
Jobs for you
Senior Manager, Internal Audit and SOX Miami, United States Finance
Senior Business Intelligence Developer, Information Technology San Juan, Puerto Rico Information Technology
ArcGIS Implementer San Juan, Puerto Rico Strategy
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs.