B2B Construction SupervisorJob ID: 2021-42059 San Juan, Puerto Rico Category: Technology
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
Responsible for all phases of cable construction in a manner consistent with Liberty Cable policies, procedures, quality work standards, customer needs, and applicable local, state and federal laws. Responsible for leading day to day activities of the field personnel assigned & assist Project Manager with duties as assigned. Projects include daily maintenance, commercial new build.
• Monitors and reports on all phases of commercial construction projects.
• Supervising telecommunication construction projects from walk out to completion.
• Issue work to in-house and contractor crews. Review work on completion to ensure project is completed to business customer and municipal specifications.
• Perform pre-construction job walks with business customer representative. Provide job cost estimates based on contract pricing and scope of work.
• Perform pre-construction field inspection to ensure completion of make ready and existing aerial facilities owned by various power, telephone and CATV companies.
• Responsible for working with and leading contractors, preparing detailed work prints, writing Job Cost estimates, and crafting a bill of materials (BOM) for aerial and underground projects.
• Perform field inspections against invoices to ensure accuracy, ensure Liberty’s specifications are met, and material usage is correct.
• Performs daily quality control inspections of contractor production, quality, and accuracy requiring opening of vaults, pedestals, lockboxes, and other enclosures including detailed physical and visual inspection.
• Validates QC and reconciliation of commercial construction projects in progress and monitors contractor’s activities on a regular basis.
• Monitors and verifies contractor compliance of safety procedures to include: OSHA, SCDOT and NESC standards, as documented in the Liberty Cable Construction Standards.
• Promptly and accurately provides necessary reports such as budgetary and weekly production reports. Responsible to Audit New Build, Joint Trench and/or assigned area(s). Maintain clear and precise data.
• Responsible for marking Liberty’s Network Plant by Government Agency (Centro de Excavaciones) procedure request.
• Responsible for Commercial Site Surveys, coordination with building owners and or third parties building-entry, measures, cable routing and eventual Equipment Colocation on customer premises.
• Evaluate and handle the replacement, upgrade, and new build of cable plant.
• Responsible for coordinating work between company employees, outside contractors, utility companies, and local governments for construction activities in a cable television system.
• Responsible for hazard environmental of future plant installation an equipment location.
• Project coordination and inspection of the entire construction process to include preliminary site reviews, work in progress and post construction inspection.
• Perform field engineering to include assessing the site, detailing the layout, resolving proposed location of electronics equipment (such as node locations, power supplies, taps and amplifier locations).
• Draft field layout information detailing footages, equipment needed and customer feeds. Submit to and review with the design department.
• Obtain necessary permits (eg. Street, right-of-way, railroad).
• Budget project expenses based on completed design. This includes cost estimates, compiling bill of materials, project authorizations, budget tracking and post-construction reconciliation.
• Operate company assigned vehicle in a safe manner.
• Demonstrates and ensures compliance with the Customer First Philosophy, all Liberty Latin America's policies and procedures including the Code of Conduct and Liberty safety standards and procedures.
• Other functions may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
Associate Degree or equivalent in Electronics. Bachelor Degree preferred.
5+ years proven and related work experience in aerial and underground cable plant or telephone construction.
• Bilingual (Spanish and English).
• Knowledge of algebra, trigonometry, components, magnetism, AC and DC theory and circuits, resonate circuits and filters, electron tube and transistor fundamentals, amplifiers, and oscillators
• Deep understanding of equipment characteristics, capabilities and limitations, design alternatives and other factors, including field situations and practices, past and current, which influence system design.
• Knowledge of drafting techniques and principles.
• Ability to use common drafting tools, instruments, ladders and scaffolding.
• Ability to maintain neat orderly record.
• Knowledge on aerial, coaxial and fiber construction.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Ability to work well with people and possess positive interpersonal skills.
Liberty Puerto Rico provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, social status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, military service obligation, disability status, genetic information, political affiliation, and being or being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking. In addition to federal law requirements, Liberty aligns with applicable local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Assessment, background check and drug test will be required to successful candidate.
If you believe you have been discriminated against you may notify the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Federal Communications Commission, or other appropriate agency
Jobs for you
Senior Manager, Internal Audit and SOX Miami, United States Finance
Senior Business Intelligence Developer, Information Technology San Juan, Puerto Rico Information Technology
ArcGIS Implementer San Juan, Puerto Rico Strategy
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs.