Business Technical Support RepresentativeJob ID: 2021-57028 San Juan, Puerto Rico Category: Customer-Service
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
Responsible for supporting Liberty Business Services in providing world class service to our customers by promptly answering customer inquiries, providing accurate information while troubleshooting and problem solving with new and existing customers. Provides technical and network problem resolution to end-users (customers) by performing a question diagnosis while guiding users through step-by-step solutions.
- Receive, analyze & understand business customer queries and provide timely technical responses to customers.
- Provides technical support of Business Advanced Voice and Data services, including SIP, PRI-ISDN, Dedicated Internet Access, and Data Transport services.
- Understand and tackle IP Routing topologies, including knowledge of static routes and routing protocols.
- Understand and resolve Ethernet connection, including knowledge of VLAN, MAC Address and ARP.
- Understand and fix fiber optics connections, including knowledge of OTDR test and optical power meter.
- Provide support for the delivery and troubleshooting of IP solutions, including commercial and residential voice, video, and Internet.
- Provide support for the delivery and solving problems for Ethernet Virtual Private Lines (EVPL), point-to-point Configurations and GigE Aggregations ports for end customers and Carriers with its corresponding delivery methods (GPON, Media Converters, and Optical Transceivers).
- Provide remote technical support for in house and 3rd party field technicians to configure, resolve and/or provision VoIP and TDM PBX.
- Develop clear and concise documentation to advance technical issues to Tier III support.
- Get along with business customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about products and services.
- Provides tech support to users by researching and answering inquiries; solving problems; maintaining workstation and LAN performance.
- Handles inbound and outbound calls.
- Provide feedback to team and Management to improve standard methodologies and procedures.
- Supervise Business core network/service equipment for outages and performance issues.
- Follow operations and customer concern procedure to ensure outage restoration timelines.
- Strive to work different shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Maintain a high-quality monitoring score daily according to the department metrics.
- Attend customers based on call etiquette procedures.
- Able to strive in a fast-paced, structured, dynamic, and high-transaction environment, with the ability to maintain composure in stressful situations and handle and diffuse angry or upset customers.
- Acts as a product consultant to business owners by articulating product features and benefits and making recommendations for new lines of business, upgrades or other services based on customer needs/interests.
- Supports growth of Liberty Business by introducing customer to new products, higher tiers of service, etc. on all eligible calls.
- Shall respect, preserve with the privacy, confidentiality and security of confidential information and Liberty owned equipment/property/Customers.
- Stay in sync with all current legislation, regulations, principles, program guidelines and policies regarding confidentiality & privacy in the performance of their duties.
- Other functions may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Systems.
At least two years of experience in computer support, business customer service and troubleshooting in help desk environment.
A + & Network + certifications a plus.
- Understanding of Data Network topologies.
- Proven experience solving problems with large PBX’s vendor suite.
- Familiarity Unified Communications, IMS and Voice Mail Systems.
- Ordering and troubleshooting of analog lines, PRI/BRI and VoIP services.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Fully Bilingual (Spanish and English).
- Advance knowledge about common LAN/WAN configuration, delivery of cable modem service on the cable infrastructure, email applications/concepts/configuration/SPAM issues, TCP/IP, VPN and third-party devices and their interaction with our service.
- Computer knowledge Windows 98, 2000, XP, VISTA, and MAC.
- Diverse knowledge of PC concepts, operating systems and PC applications, and general web development knowledge.
- Ability to fix connectivity issues with Liberty and customer equipment: Modem, Router or combination device (Stability of Equipment as well as Configuration) while maintaining a point of demarcation.
- Outstanding knowledge of internet/IP, web browsers, e-mail and other PC operating and connectivity technologies.
- Advance configuration/solid understanding in windows applications.
- Ability to balance multiple time sensitive issues.
- Knowledge on Telecommunications, especially telephone and Internet.
Liberty Puerto Rico provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, social status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, military service obligation, disability status, genetic information, political affiliation, and being or being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking. In addition to federal law requirements, Liberty aligns with applicable local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Assessment, background check and drug test will be required to successful candidate.
If you believe you have been discriminated against you may notify the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Federal Communications Commission, or other appropriate agency.