Construction ManagerPuerto Rico Category: Technology Sub-Category: Construction
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
Who We Are?
We are the leading telecommunications company, connecting more than 40 markets in Latin America and The Caribbean with our video, broadband internet, telephony and mobiles services under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil, BTC and Cabletica. We started small, and now we’re growing. We’re excited about the future as we strive to unlock opportunities in the region.
What´s the role?
Responsible for complete project management of construction projects and expenditures. Leads the construction and drafting departments. Responsible for leading designs and construction of all activities in support of plant constructions, rebuilds, and existing plant upgrades.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepares for approval all capital projects and expenses, maintaining proper documentation of each project and capital account.
- Generates monthly reports as necessary.
- Responsible for construction maintenance and new construction; assures compliance with Company standards.
- Lead, direct, and motivate a staff of Project Inspectors who handle the construction of outside plant construction.
- Works closely with the leadership team to develop budgets and allocate appropriate funds for rebuilds, upgrades, and other construction efforts.
- Responsible for planning, budgeting, and directing the construction project.
- Assures that policies and procedures are effectively implemented by personnel.
- Assures compliance of construction requirements with all franchises.
- Work with the preparation of the capital and operating budgets; assures proper use of capital expenditures; monitors material status of all projects.
- Leads the work of contract construction crews.
- Work with construction and drafting personnel with the implementation of all Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all site construction permits are obtained and valid for all work performed and that all work is completed within permitted time and in accordance with all applicable regulations (i.e., local regulations, governmental regulations, etc.).
- Responsible for reading and analyzing complex engineering plans/diagrams, so as to implement and lead all construction projects.
- Schedules construction projects; watches compliance of safety standards and quality control of construction projects.
- Maintains an invoice verification program on all contractor projects.
- Works with different departments to ensure budgeted subscribers are built, activated, and/or upgraded, as needed.
- Ability to evaluate the project site from concept to completion with thorough knowledge of material required/crews needed for designated project and the allotted time required to complete the site in a safe and timely manner.
- Available to assist in system outages after natural disasters such as hurricanes on 24/7 schedules, if needed.
- Ensure that the construction of outside plant construction is completed in accordance with all national safety and construction codes and within specified timelines.
- Ensure In-house construction personnel adhere to all national safety and construction codes.
- Demonstrates and ensures compliance with the Customer First Philosophy, all Liberty Latin America's policies and procedures including the Code of Conduct and Liberty safety standards and procedures.
- Other functions may be assigned.
Directly supervises and provides mentorship to a group of employees in the Construction Department. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Skills you'll Use Every Single Day:
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- Creativity and Innovation
- Customer Focus
- Company Ambassadorship
- Integrity and Ethics
- Learning Orientation
- Results Orientation
- Quality Orientation
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Change Management
- Quality Management
- Critical Thinking
- Business Insight
Education and/or Experience:
BS in electronics, electrical or civil engineering preferred.
Demonstrated experience leading network roll outs from a design and planning stage through construction.
Five to seven years of experience in the telecommunications industry, with construction and electronics background, including knowledge of National Electric Code, OSHA and related state and local codes.
Over three years of supervisory experience.
- Fully Bilingual (Spanish & English).
- Ability to work effectively in a team oriented, high demand and dynamic environment.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of procurement process, including familiarity with activities such as requisitioning and purchasing of materials, supplier interactions, contract negotiations, establishing of commercial terms and conditions, construction purchasing, contract negotiations.
- Confirmed ability to lead multiple tasks/projects bat a time. Familiarity with all construction requirements and practices of states and local governments in the area served.
- Experience in general drafting.
- Ability to supervise and direct others, communicate effectively with Company personnel, customers, business and professional people at all levels.
- Willing to travel.
- Valid driver’s license.
Why Join Us:
Technology excites us, enables us and drives us. We´re proud of the services we provide, the markets that we serve and our people coming together to enhance our customers´ lives with technology so that they can connect, work, live and play without missing beat. Throughout Liberty Latin America, our passion and pride are brought to life through our shared vision: to bring innovation that will create moments that matter to our customers, delivering growth in our markets with one vision, one culture and one team.
Liberty Puerto Rico provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, social status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, military service obligation, disability status, genetic information, political affiliation, and being or being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking. In addition to federal law requirements, Liberty aligns with applicable local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Assessment, background check and drug test will be required to successful candidate.