First Net Project ManagerPuerto Rico Category: Technology Sub-Category: T&I
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
Who We Are?
We are the leading telecommunications company, connecting more than 40 markets in Latin America and The Caribbean with our video, broadband internet, telephony and mobiles services under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil, BTC and Cabletica. We started small, and now we’re growing. We’re excited about the future as we strive to unlock opportunities in the region.
What´s the role?
- To bring Liberty Latin America (LLA) FirstNet product into reality with properly launched products and devices, providing LLA with world class services, and superior advantages that support our Mobile value propositions with focus on user experience, cost efficiency and optimal performance, ensuring growth for the business for years to come.
- Ensure the smooth transition period of FirstNet products from AT&T to Liberty Latin America without customer affectation.
- The candidate will provide ownership, accountability and support for all the FirstNet products launched in PR/VI.
- The candidate will be responsible for day to day project management activities to ensure US Government contract requirements are being met by Liberty Latin America in PR/VI.
- The candidate must have wireless telecom concepts as they relate to the US Government Solution to be able to navigate conversations tied to the program.
- Management of contractually required deliverables is an important aspect of this role. The candidate must understand, track, update and communicate the status of these deliverables from the Liberty Latin America business partners, and external receiving parties.
- Identity, support and guarantee the correct execution of the TSA tasks from Liberty Latin America during the transition period.
- Support the Commercial, Engineering & Operations teams to manage the smooth transition of the FirstNet to Liberty Latin America.
- Guarantee that all Reports agreed with the US Government will be deliver on time.
- Utilize MS Office suite to create effective communication material suitable for leadership consumption.
- Effective communication skills are a must for this role. The candidate will interact with a wide variety of internal and external contacts at various levels of the organization.
- Willingness and individual drive to learn new concepts, tools, software.
Knowledge & Experience:
Preferred education/ qualifications:
- Masters level degree in Business Administration or Technology preferable
- Bachelor level in a Technology, Engineering or Business degree.
- At least 5 years of experience developing or operating FirstNet Mobile Networks.
- At least 5 years of experience working with FirstNet products (Mobile phones, tablets, IoT devices,)
- At least 5 years if Product management / Development experience
- 3 year’s experience in product roadmap and portfolio definition and management
- 3 year’s experience engaging effectively, presenting and getting buy in from executive and senior Management
- At least 3 years working closely with Legal and Regulatory functions
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong Mobile industry experience with a background in products
- Solid understanding of existing and future mobile networks
- Solid understanding of mobile devices capabilities
- Knowledge of mobile standards and best practices.
- Good understanding of the Mobile network ecosystem
- Experience working with customers
- Experience working in a cross functional environment managing multiple simultaneous initiatives
- Strong background in GSM, 3G, LTE and good understating of 5G
- Strong understanding of mobile devices and the IoT ecosystem
- Ability to drive improvement programs across diverse and complex environments.
- Strong record of people management (direct or indirect) including communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective internal and external working partnerships at all levels through a collaborative approach.
- Demonstrate strong influencing and persuading skills, encourage colleagues and teams to change established processes and achieve improvements and best practice.
- Timeliness in all actions with quality consciousness towards services received and provided.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to form strong business relationships across multiple locations.
- Excellent MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint Skills.
Why Join Us:
Technology excites us, enables us and drives us. We´re proud of the services we provide, the markets that we serve and our people coming together to enhance our customers´ lives with technology so that they can connect, work, live and play without missing beat. Throughout Liberty Latin America, our passion and pride are brought to life through our shared vision: to bring innovation that will create moments that matter to our customers, delivering growth in our markets with one vision, one culture and one team.
Liberty Puerto Rico provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, social status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, military service obligation, disability status, genetic information, political affiliation, and being or being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking. In addition to federal law requirements, Liberty aligns with applicable local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Assessment, background check and drug test will be required to successful candidate.
If you believe you have been discriminated against you may notify the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Federal Communications Commission, or other appropriate agency.