FP&A Sr. Analyst (OPEX)San Juan, Puerto Rico Category: Corporate Sub-Category: Finance
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
We are the leading telecommunications company, connecting more than 40 markets in Latin America and the Caribbean with our video, broadband internet, telephony, and mobile services under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil, BTC and Cabletica. We started small, and now we’re growing. We’re excited about the future as we strive to unlock opportunities in the region.
Analyze existing operational and cost data to identify current cost drivers and underlying costs for the services to be re-procured, providing a cost model that can support scenario analysis. The model will need to identify the risks, issues, and opportunities across various scenarios.
- Produces analyses and interprets monthly financial performance reports for divisional management (working in conjunction with the Finance Team), adding business/division specific insights to support reporting and decision-making.
- Supports annual planning process and implements continuous improvement of monthly forecasts. Proactively understands and communicates variance analysis against these budgets and forecasts, in writing and in presentation form to all levels of management. Provides monthly variance reports to business owners and finance team.
- Jointly undertakes financial review and performance management of the divisions, and identifies any variances/ discrepancies, working closely with Finance Management and Finance Partners.
- Analyses and reviews financial and business information effectively and derives useful insights to develop knowledge and decision-making skills.
- Provides required information and appropriate input for restructuring and other business cases.
- Builds and develops effective working relationships with business unit staff and other users, particularly finance colleagues in the Finance Department.
- Demonstrates self-motivation, planning and prioritizing own work to achieve objectives within a short to medium term timeframe; likely to direct and coordinate the daily workflow of more junior staff.
- Keeps up to date with company and external policies, guidelines, legislative and regulatory requirements, in order to maintain compliance in their role and minimize the company exposure to risk, including the handling of confidential and sensitive information.
- Identifies and recommends opportunities for improvement/efficiencies in finance processes and for strengthening internal controls.
- Demonstrates and ensures compliance with the Customer First Philosophy, all Liberty Latin America's policies and procedures, including the Code of Conduct and Liberty safety standards and procedures
- Other functions may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. CPA preferred.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in financial analysis position with budgeting and OPEX experience.
- Substantial experience in the design and development of complex financial and commercial models, with the ability to clearly articulate underlying operational costs through a supply chain.
- Knowledge of computer operations, including MS Office package and HFM (Hyperion) package
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking, and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Knowledge of common accounting procedures; understanding of relevant computer programs proficient in data admittance and management.
- Fully Bilingual (Spanish and English).
- Strong modeling background.
Technology excites us enables us and drives us. We´re proud of the services we provide, the markets that we serve, and our people coming together to enhance our customers´ lives with technology so that they can connect, work, live and play without missing beat. Throughout Liberty Latin America, our passion and pride are brought to life through our shared vision: to bring innovation that will create moments that matter to our customers, delivering growth in our markets with one vision, one culture, and one team.
Liberty Puerto Rico provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, social status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, military service obligation, disability status, genetic information, political affiliation, and being or being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking. In addition to federal law requirements, Liberty aligns with applicable local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Jobs for you
Finance Manager - TCI Cockburn Town, Turks and Caicos Islands Corporate
Financial Reporting Associate Manager Panama City, Panama Technology
Director of Network Security & Mobile Workforce Solutions Miami, United States Technology
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs.