IT DirectorPuerto Rico Category: Technology Sub-Category: T&I
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
Who We Are?
We are the leading telecommunications company, connecting more than 40 markets in Latin America and The Caribbean with our video, broadband internet, telephony and mobiles services under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil, BTC and Cabletica. We started small, and now we’re growing. We’re excited about the future as we strive to unlock opportunities in the region.
What´s the role?
The Director of Information Technology (IT), reporting to the Senior Director Delivery Governance, will oversee the deployment of the new solution architecture in Puerto Rico and its transition to a fully operational model.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate strong skills in collaboration and will have a deep history in Lean Agile principles while being completely comfortable in a multi-national matrix organization.
This position requires an experienced and approachable hands-on leader with excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels, a passion for identifying, mentoring and developing talent, as well as having a strong background in modern technology stacks and methods for the telecommunications industry.
- Highly self-motivated and directed professional with a master’s degree or bachelor’s degree with significant experience or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Strong people management experience with a track record of bringing the best out of their team, comfortable having crucial conversations to mitigate performance management issues and inspiring their direct reports to give the best of themselves.
- Five or more years of experience managing information technology environments and vendor partnerships
- Strong business intelligence background with successful track record of identifying opportunities to improve processes and strategies with technology solutions
- Proven problem-solving skills and successful partnerships in a matrix leadership role.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, to make sound decisions independently and to delegate/escalate issues appropriately
- Extensive knowledge of modern BSS and OSS systems in the telecommunications industry.
- Strategic-minded, results-oriented leader with strong analytical skills.
- Strong verbal, listening and written communication skills with the ability to write policy, technical documentation, reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak and present information effectively to groups of varying sizes and backgrounds
- Ability to provide positive leadership and to mentor associates and staff
- Ability to effectively communicate potentially complex issues to executive leadership in our business partner teams.
- Fully bi-lingual in English and Spanish with the ability to communicate complex technical issues and designs in both written and spoken form in either language to all levels of the enterprise as needed.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of strategic goals for the organization’s information systems and technology by evaluating business processes and organizational needs, identifying cost effective business intelligence solutions, allocating resources, evaluating trends, and anticipating requirements
- Design, develop, implement and oversee organizational wide data collections, ensure system alignment with organizational and programmatic goals, maintain standards and policies for data systems management and accuracy, ensure staff training and compliance with required procedures, and maintain appropriate system records
- Support and ensure compliance with global security architecture protocols that reflect and support business, technical, operational, and compliance objectives
- Develop and manage vendor partnerships for local projects as well as understanding and supporting global partnerships with the same vendors.
- Provide day-to-day management of highly skilled technical teams.
- Facilitate technology and related instructional trainings to organization’s staff
- Manage assigned staff by training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance
- Provide other duties as assigned.
Why Join Us:
Technology exites us, enables us and drives us. We´re proud of the services we provide, the markets that we serve and our people coming together to enhance our customers´ lives with technology so that they can connect, work, live and play without missing beat. Throughout Liberty Latin America, our passion and pride are brought to life through our shared vision: to bring innovation that will create moments that matter to our customers, delivering growth in our markets with one vision, one culture and one team.
Liberty Puerto Rico provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, social status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, military service obligation, disability status, genetic information, political affiliation, and being or being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking. In addition to federal law requirements, Liberty aligns with applicable local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Assessment, background check and drug test will be required to successful candidate.
Jobs for you
Finance Manager - TCI Cockburn Town, Turks and Caicos Islands Corporate
Financial Reporting Associate Manager Panama City, Panama Technology
Director of Network Security & Mobile Workforce Solutions Miami, United States Technology
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs.