Mobile Connectivity Senior EngineerJob ID: 2021-38400 San Juan, Puerto Rico Category: Technology
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
To propose the Mobile Platforms Connectivity Architecture, calculating the activities and the CAPEX required to implement the commercial strategy for mobile services. Acts as the design authority for the Company’s mobile Connectivity understanding the different traffic flows and end to end connectivity. The objective is to design and implement a simple to operate, cost-effective homogeneous, secure and easy to integrate connectivity solutions for mobile platforms.
Preferred education/ qualifications:
- Bachelor level, Information Technology and/or comparable technical engineering degree.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Ideally educated to degree level or alternate appropriate industry experience with 5+ years of experience in planning, engineering of operations either on an operator or a vendor.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a large telco in a complex operational environment working in cross-functional teams.
- Proven experience engaging effectively with executive and senior level management.
- Experience and appreciation of working in a customer focused environment essential.
Skills & Abilities
- Proven operational capability within Mobile Technologies having planned, designed or deployed projects for a mobile operator or a vendor of mobile network technologies.
- Has the ability to effectively communicate at all levels, translating complex technical language into high level executive narrative.
- Ability to drive improvement programs for the platforms within his scope.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective internal and external working partnerships at his level through a collaborative approach.
- Demonstrate influencing skills, encouraging colleagues and teams to change established processes and achieve improvements and best practice.
- Timeliness in all actions with quality consciousness towards services received and provided.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to form strong business relationships across multiple locations. English and Spanish required.
Liberty Puerto Rico provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, social status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, military service obligation, disability status, genetic information, political affiliation, and being or being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking. In addition to federal law requirements, Liberty aligns with applicable local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Assessment, background check and drug test will be required to successful candidate.
If you believe you have been discriminated against you may notify the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Federal Communications Commission, or other appropriate agency.
- Define QoS Mapping and VRF architecture for all the Mobile platforms.
- Support the integration, migration and new interfaces implementation of Mobile Platforms.
- Interface between Mobile Platforms Engineers and the IP/MPLS units.
- Propose the Mobile Platforms Connectivity Strategy, HLD and Roadmap, delivering the CAPEX estimates and maintaining the yearly CAPEX plan across LLA.
- Support Mobile Platforms Local Connectivity life cycle management providing anticipated plans for end of support and end of life systems decommissioning with the correspondent replacement alternative.
- Provide 3rd level support to Operations and quality assurance activities through Tier3 SPOC.
- Manage baseline configuration of Local Connectivity Platforms by defining the default system parameters the connectivity platforms.
Jobs for you
SOX Senior Manager San Juan, Puerto Rico Finance
Information Security Officer, Information Security Panama City, Panama Technology
Senior Designer - ESB Integration Panama City, Panama Information Technology
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs.