Procurement Senior ManagerJob ID: 2021-42122 San Juan, Puerto Rico Category: Finance
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
Procurement management is at the heart of the Liberty Communication of Puerto RIco’s strategy. This position will focus on one critical business areas: Indirect Procurement
Indirect Procurement is responsible for the development and implementation of strategic initiatives within the following categories: Consulting Services, Contingent Labor, People Services, Fleet, Energy, Facilities, Travel, Supply Chain, Call Centers, Digital Transformation, Marketing, and Sales Commissions. Specific responsibilities include development of category strategies, identification of cost saving opportunities, facilitating and leading sourcing projects, supplier negotiations, and establishment and maintenance of supplier relationships. The total category spend is largely decentralized among our operating companies, however the Senior Manager, Procurement must communicate and offer global strategy, oversight, and support.
Four result areas: Sourcing, Contracting, Contract management, Supplier Relationship management
- Define category strategy, including market and industry analysis
- Lead and manage RFx processes
- Define negotiation strategies, and related alignment with all stakeholders
- Quantify and report the contribution to the overall savings targets.
- Optimize Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) balancing risk – cost – flexibility/quality
- Establish beneficial relationships with various internal groups such as Legal, Finance, Tax, Treasury, and Accounting Policy
- Support the execution of Source to Contract activities using the Ariba suite of Procurement tools
- Manage complex project from conception through implementation, including change management
- Mentoring and leading junior team members
Preferred education/ qualifications:
- Academic background (Bachelor’s degree): preferably in Business Administration or Finance / Procurement
Knowledge & Experience:
- Relevant experience in Indirect Procurement for 10 + years
- Relevant experience in an international / multi-country / matrix environment
- Experience in category management
- Preferably experience in telecommunications
- Demonstrable experience of working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, with a strong focus on cost reduction
Skills & Abilities:
- Good communication and networking skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Excellent analytical skills, coupled with general business understanding and the ability to proactively identify new opportunities, building organizational commitment to act on these.
- Ability to work independently, in teams and closely with senior management team members.
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Excel / Word / PowerPoint etc.)
- Demonstrate integrity: be the ‘conscience of the organization’, working collectively, not individually.
- Demonstrate high levels of Integrity and openly and respectfully challenges others
- Strong ethical foundation
- Fluency (oral & written) in both English and Spanish (highly desired)
- Negotiation Preparation and Contracting execution
- RFx Execution
- Supplier Screening and Selection
- Total Cost of Ownership Analysis
- Supplier Relationship Management:
- Accounting treatment / Budget controls
- Financial results/ cost savings achieved within the spend category
- Internal customer/stakeholder satisfaction
- Vendor performance
- Quality and timeliness of reporting
Liberty Puerto Rico provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, social status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, military service obligation, disability status, genetic information, political affiliation, and being or being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking. In addition to federal law requirements, Liberty aligns with applicable local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Assessment, background check and drug test will be required to successful candidate.
If you believe you have been discriminated against you may notify the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Federal Communications Commission, or other appropriate agency
Jobs for you
Senior Manager, Internal Audit and SOX Miami, United States Finance
Senior Business Intelligence Developer, Information Technology San Juan, Puerto Rico Information Technology
ArcGIS Implementer San Juan, Puerto Rico Strategy
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs.