Security EngineerPuerto Rico Category: Technology Sub-Category: T&I
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
Who We Are?
We are the leading telecommunications company, connecting more than 40 markets in Latin America and The Caribbean with our video, broadband internet, telephony and mobiles services under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil, BTC and Cabletica. We started small, and now we’re growing. We’re excited about the future as we strive to unlock opportunities in the region.
The Security Engineer helps to keep LLA safe, learning skills and knowledge in many areas of cyber security, while helping to achieve LLA’s mission goals and initiatives. Need to be passionate, conscientious, and customer-focused candidate to strengthen our team even further. As part of the LLA Cybersecurity Team, your role will focus on compliance and remediation, vulnerability management, and employee outreach. You’ll work with employees and project teams within the company to ensure system vulnerabilities are addressed and patched on a timely basis, considering business impact. You’ll team up with our Operational teams to identify risks, understand the business impacts, and work with staff to mitigate the risks.
- Lead implementations of information security projects
- Define and implement the information security and cybersecurity architecture
- Assist Security Operations Center (SOC) personnel with advanced threat identification and incident response actions
- Task lead for Continuous Monitoring, - Monitor and manage compliance for all systems within InfoSec’s Continuous Monitoring program. Also participate in project efforts to improve continuous monitoring efforts for all customers.
- Task lead for Application Whitelisting efforts - Provide first level customer support and troubleshooting for the application Whitelist request process.
- Task Lead for Compliance Sprints - Work with management and Operational teams to identify risks and vulnerabilities that require immediate action
- Service Request management Back-up role - Provide support for creation and escalation of all InfoSec related service requests
Work Environment/Other Info
- Minimal Travel Required. Travel limited to training, occasional team meetings, and project
- On-call after hours or weekend support may be required, as needed
- Collaborative and inclusive work environment with opportunities for personal growth
Knowledge & Experience:
Preferred education/ qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required (B.S. in information security, information technology, or related focus) and 5 years of professional experience in information technology.
- Must have 3 years of experience in information security, cybersecurity and GRC.
- General knowledge of industry security frameworks
- Some technical knowledge of networks, operating systems, and/or applications
- Good time management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Strong writing & communication skills, with attention to details
- Analytical Thinking and Decisive Judgment - analyzing issues and problems systematically, gathering broad and balanced input, drawing sound conclusions, and translating conclusions into timely decisions and actions.
- Drive for Results: Makes things happen; Is proactive; balances "analysis" with "doing"; sets high standards for self
- Must be a self-starter and work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience in conducting cyber related investigation.
- Build and maintain direct relationships across LLA’a project teams and with OpCo POCs
- English and Spanish preferred.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Candidate must have 5 years' experience in each of the following:
- Information security architectures
- Security operations center
- Information security frameworks
- Telecommunication security
- Software development security
- Security in operating systems and databases
Skills & Abilities:
- Co-creates and executes Strategy:
- Identifies trends in the business and market environment
- Shapes agenda to align to our overall strategic goals 'win with our customers'
- Balances short-term with long-term thinking
- Co-creates and implements sustainable strategies that facilitate our superior growth and success
- Innovates with a customer focus:
- Finds and embraces innovative and better ways to do things to facilitate winning with our customers
- Is customer-led in their thinking, encouraging the idea of customer needs driving product & process enhancements
- Takes and encourages ownership for making improvements that leads to a seamless customer experience
- Sees the customer experience as a responsibility of every department and individual employee
- Entrepreneurial Drive for Results:
- Identifies the core of the problem and makes effective judgement and solves the problem
- Acts outcome-oriented aligning priorities to the company goals
- Streamlines effective and efficient decision making
- Creates the environment of continuous improvement & innovation
- Lives One Company:
- Gains commitment from other parts of the business and promotes one company approach
- Leads virtual teams across boundaries leveraging the potential of individuals and teams, mindful of cultural backgrounds
- Leverages best practice, utilising the best of what works across the group first
- Influences others across the matrix and facilitates collaboration by breaking down silos
- Leads and Inspires:
- Leads by setting a personal example of excellence in an environment of matrix management change and ambiguity
- Communicates with transparency, celebrating successes by building on the energy and ideas of team members and empowering them to deliver
- Facilitates the development of people and mobility of talent
- Provides and facilitates honest feedback to drive excellence, enabling individuals to realise their potential
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, and communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner.
- Ability to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner.
- Decision making, problem solving while working under pressure, but also prioritize and organize effectively. Manage multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to supervise and motivate others, as well as work with others to resolve problems, handle requests or situations.
Why Join Us:
Technology excites us, enables us and drives us. We´re proud of the services we provide, the markets that we serve and our people coming together to enhance our customers´ lives with technology so that they can connect, work, live and play without missing beat. Throughout Liberty Latin America, our passion and pride are brought to life through our shared vision: to bring innovation that will create moments that matter to our customers, delivering growth in our markets with one vision, one culture and one team.
Liberty Puerto Rico provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, social status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, military service obligation, disability status, genetic information, political affiliation, and being or being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking. In addition to federal law requirements, Liberty aligns with applicable local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Assessment, background check and drug test will be required to successful candidate.
If you believe you have been discriminated against you may notify the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Federal Communications Commission, or other appropriate agency.