Senior Analyst - Financials ControlsJob ID: 2021-42322 San Juan, Puerto Rico Category: Finance
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
The Financial Controls team is responsible for collecting, analysing, reviewing and documenting financial processes in order to comply with the US Sarbanes Oxley (“SOX”) Act and internal accounting policies. Ensure that the company has established a sound system of controls over Financial Reporting to ensure reliable financial information. Also responsible of support the Revenue Assurance process and other special projects.
- Ensuring key deliverables (e.g. controls evidence for process documentation and control testing, and any other documentation requested by internal and external auditors)
- Perform walkthroughs to create internal control documentation related to the identification of key control points with the use of process and data flow
- Work with the LLA SOX team to identify, document and monitor business processes (including financial systems) that affect the LCPR’s financial reporting, including the use of process flowcharts
- Work with the LLA SOX team to identify, review and document the process level risks
- Work with the LLA SOX team to identify, review and document controls that mitigate the identified risks
- Work with control owners to scope, design, and implement controls to address key risks and ensuring design adequacy and operating effectiveness of financial controls
- Develop policies for controls and control objectives for core financial reporting processes.
- Develop and implement the controls attributes and procedures, including conducting reviews of financial reporting controls compliance by control owners along with monitoring and overseeing the remediation of deficiencies identified
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors to ensure the effectiveness of the controls are tested and the resolution of any audit findings
- Work with control owners in designing remediation plans for any internal and external audit findings
- Providing control owners ongoing guidance for proper evidence of control performance and process improvements and SOX 404 matters
- Acting as a coach and a mentor to team members
- Building effective working relationships with other departments (e.g. SOX and Internal Audit, Compliance & Ethics, Financial Reporting, Treasury etc.)
- Communicating timely and clearly to CFO, Controller, SOX Director and controls owners, progress, issues, deficiencies and other matters as deemed appropriate
- Participating in ad-hoc projects (e.g. “year 1” acquisitions), due diligence or other activities per request
Preferred education/ qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Major in Accounting or Business-related fields
Professionally qualified, ideally a qualified accountant or internal auditor (e.g. CPA, CIA, CISA, etc.)
Knowledge & Experience:
- Working knowledge of US GAAP, SOX 404, the COSO 2013 Framework, and PCAOB internal control audit requirements
- Extensive experience designing and documenting existing controls, and identifying control gaps. Must be able to review team members work and provide feedback
- Must have working knowledge of general information technology controls (“GITCs”) and be able to analyze and understand the impact of GITCs and any deficiencies on the internal control environment
- Working knowledge and ability to guide management in setting precision and designing and testing completeness and accuracy procedures around information produced by the entity for all internal control areas
- Extensive experience evaluating deficiencies and designing remediation plans
- Experience leading teams, mentoring, training and guiding direct reports
- Working knowledge and understanding of US-GAAP
- Knowledge of audit techniques and test approaches
- Knowledge of project management methodologies; advantageous but not essential
- Spoken and written Spanish is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to understand and summarize complex information
- Proactive and result oriented
- Able to plan and manage own workload including delivery to deadlines, budgets and quality standards
- Customer oriented with a positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Attention to detail – ensures that information is correctly processed and that own work and that of direct reports or colleagues, complies with relevant internal/external guidance, procedures and regulatory requirements; checks work and corrects mistakes promptly
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience with financial, operational and/or IT audit
- Public Accounting experience preferred
- Experience of dealing with senior management in organizations particularly Finance, Legal, IT and HR
- Experience of dealing with internal and external auditors
Liberty Puerto Rico provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, social status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, military service obligation, disability status, genetic information, political affiliation, and being or being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking. In addition to federal law requirements, Liberty aligns with applicable local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Assessment, background check and drug test will be required to successful candidate.
If you believe you have been discriminated against you may notify the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Federal Communications Commission, or other appropriate agency.
Jobs for you
Senior Manager, Internal Audit and SOX Miami, United States Finance
Senior Business Intelligence Developer, Information Technology San Juan, Puerto Rico Information Technology
ArcGIS Implementer San Juan, Puerto Rico Strategy
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs.