Senior Business Intelligence Developer, Information TechnologyJob ID: 2021-38584 San Juan, Puerto Rico Category: Information-Technology
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
We are looking for a savvy Business Intelligence Developer to join our team. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams.
- We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Business Intelligence Developer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- English and Spanish language skills
- Experience with big data tools: ELK Elastic search , BigQuery, Redshift , S3
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Strong requirements gathering and analysis experience
- Proven experience as a BI developer or analyst
- Background in data warehouse design and Big data development on Cloud platforms like AWS or GCP
- Solid experience with Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
- Broad understanding of the telecom CRM/Billing and IT landscape
- Broad telco architecture experience covering the full enterprise stack.
- Proven experience engaging effectively with executive and senior level management.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a large telco in a complex operational environment collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Understand the system development life cycle; software management approach, requirements and design
- Data modelling and database design;
- End to end understanding of master data best practices
- Data warehouse and big data design
- Cloud providers, technology and data strategies in a hybrid cloud / on premise design
- Ability to conceive the overall data structure in the technology landscape
- Capability in developing practical technical architecture roadmap
- Technical infrastructure covering cloud to on-premise based hardware systems
- Performance analytics and metric development skills
- Possess a broad understanding of telco business processes, technology
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, translating complex technical language into high-level executive narrative
- Proven experience of collaboration with technical development and operational organizations
- Strong record of indirect people management including communication, negotiation and conflict resolution
- Strong capability in managing and setting priorities
Liberty Puerto Rico provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, social status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, military service obligation, disability status, genetic information, political affiliation, and being or being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking. In addition to federal law requirements, Liberty aligns with applicable local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Assessment, background check and drug test will be required to successful candidate.
If you believe you have been discriminated against you may notify the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Federal Communications Commission, or other appropriate agency.
- Work directly with the Delivery Manager to develop data pipelines and Ontological models
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing if necessary, for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the models required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies. This includes ELT , ETL, and Streaming Data
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our products and processes.
Jobs for you
SOX Senior Manager San Juan, Puerto Rico Finance
Information Security Officer, Information Security Panama City, Panama Technology
Senior Designer - ESB Integration Panama City, Panama Information Technology
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs.