Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us "us" is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you chose to start your career in Latin Liberty America, we're all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
Service TechnicianPuerto Rico Category: Technology
Sub-Category: Technical Services
Performs field technical work and services customers’ problems. Responsibilities include daily organization of service calls, customer relations, problem solving, and documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsibilities may include preventative maintenance and repair of CATV distribution system.
- Assists with the training of technicians.
- Involved in work activities in collaboration with other technicians.
- Stabilizes the system through the use of sophisticated equipment; sets up system sweep generator and performs other related duties as required.
- Performs any and all duties of personnel in the Installer, field collector, trencher and auditor positions.
- Troubleshoots services problems, corrects them, reports to NOC for provisioning, and reports thru Axis System upon completion of job.
- Reads signal levels through use of field strength meter; adjust levels as needed in installation problems, using installation connectors and different types of drop cable, maintaining proper clearances and installing tap-off devices.
- Ensures that the overall installation meets company standards by analyzing the quality and judging the acceptability of the services delivered (e.g., picture quality and signal levels for cable installation, and forward and reverse levels for HSD installation and digital telephone, etc.) once the installation is complete.
- Responds to and corrects customer service problems every single day.
- Maintains system levels as specified in system operating instructions; calculates amplifier output; sets and replaces distribution and line extender amplifiers.
- Diagnoses and changes out power supplies and line amplifiers in the field as required.
- Performs underground and aerial construction duties customarily associated with a CATV operation, including, but not limited to, assisting in installation of all rigid and semi-rigid coaxial cable, including pole line construction within the overhead plant and all underground installations; installation of all vaults, pedestals, boxes or equipment used to house CATV equipment; locating of existing underground cables and use of a cable fault locator (TDR); removing from service or transferring from pole to pole all of the above.
- Learn and perform CLI function as needed.
- Guys, lashes, pull and splice cable.
- Keeps records of performance tests, inventory, vehicles and all other areas deemed necessary by management and company policy.
- Climbs poles, ladders, towers and other structures as needed, may use bucket truck when required; lifts and carries loads of up to 75 lbs. using appropriate equipment.
- Manipulates connectors, fasteners and wire and uses hand tools.
- Drives Company vehicles every single day and maintains accurate inventory of vehicle stock.
- Responsible uses of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) provided by the company, in strict compliance with Company policy and governmental standards.
- Perform temporizations of feeder and trunk cable.
- Demonstrates and ensures compliance with The Customer 1st Philosophy, Liberty Latin America Code of Conduct and Liberty safety standards and procedures.
- Other functions that may be assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibility.
Skills you'll Use Every Single Day:
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- Creativity and Innovation
- Customer Focus
- Company Ambassadorship
- Integrity and Ethics
- Learning Orientation
- Results Orientation
- Quality Orientation
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following proficiencies:
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Quality Management
- Change Management
- Safety Orientation
Education and/or Experience
Associate degree in Electronics, preferred.
2 years related of technical experience in the CATV industry.
Previous experience as CATV installer.
SCTE-BPI Certification is a requirement.
- Good communication and positive interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English).
- Should be available to execute standby shift.
- Able to perform efficiently outages within a given timeframe.
- Available to assist in system outages after natural disasters such as hurricanes on 24/7 schedules, if needed.
- Availability to be moved from assigned work area, and/or relocated, based on operational needs.
- Proven knowledge of National Electrical Codes, FCC regulations and telecommunications transportation.
- Ability to safely and regularly perform position requirements at heights greater than 30 feet.
- Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder.
- Ability to climb poles using gaffs, hooks and climbing belt as needed.
- Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires.
- Strive to make cable connections in tight spaces by bending, reaching, twisting with small components and wires.
- Ability to operate appropriate computer or test equipment associated with position (e.g. signal level meters, ohm meters, etc.).
- Ability to use the following hand tools: electric drills, hammers, wrenches, screwdrivers.
- Ability to walk over all types of terrain in all kinds of weather while carrying tools and equipment, including gaffs, ladders, and fully loaded tool belts.
- Ability to splice coaxial cable.
- Ability to use handheld communication devices and applications.
- Knowledge in Modems/PC Configuration.
- Domain in electrical and electronics.
- Good analytical skills problem-solving abilities.
- Computer-literate, knowledge in Microsoft Office.
- Customer Focus and service oriented.
- Proven knowledge on Telecommunications, especially on cable, telephone and Internet.
- Valid driver’s license.
Liberty Puerto Rico provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, social status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, military service obligation, disability status, genetic information, political affiliation, and being or being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking. In addition to federal law requirements, Liberty aligns with applicable local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are constantly hiring Amazing people. If you are a passionate about your career, we want to hear from you.
Assessment, background check and drug test will be required to successful candidate.
Start a career with impact #BringYourAmazing
When you join an international telecommunications leader, you’ll tap into incredible possibilities that take you further than you ever imagined.
LEADING TELECOMMUNICATIONS PROVIDER IN LATIN AMERICA AND THE CARIBBEAN
MORE THAN 20 CONSUMER MARKETS
MORE THAN 30 BUSINESS MARKETS
GENERATING $3.9 BILLION IN REVENUE
OUR NETWORK PASSES THROUGH 7.3M HOMES
OVER 10,000 EMPLOYEES
Liberty Puerto Rico
We’re Liberty of Puerto Rico, the largest cable operator on the island. We provide broadband, fixed line and video services to homes and businesses, supported by a 360-mile fiber ring network. Our business products serve customers ranging from small and medium enterprises to international companies and government agencies.
We do it the best and We do it with spirit
- CW Business