Systems Administrator Security and ComplianceJob ID: 2021-38663 San Juan, Puerto Rico Category: Information-Technology
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
Security systems administrator handles the implementation of information security controls in compliance with the Information Security Policies as designed by the CISO office. Protects the data resources and assure systems and processes are update and in alignment with the best practices of the industry. Is responsible for the servers, applications, and Data bases security across all platforms (cloud base and in Premise) servicing the Liberty communications and liberty Mobile network and data centers. Is also responsible for installing, administering, and troubleshooting the organization's security solutions as establish by the Corporate CISO office.
Education and Experience:
5 years as Systems administrator Security and Compliance,
Understanding of the regulatory aspects of PII, SOX, NIST and PCI DSS.
Liberty Puerto Rico provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, social status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, military service obligation, disability status, genetic information, political affiliation, and being or being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking. In addition to federal law requirements, Liberty aligns with applicable local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Assessment, background check and drug test will be required to successful candidate.
If you believe you have been discriminated against you may notify the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Federal Communications Commission, or other appropriate agency.
- Configuring and supporting security tools (firewalls, antivirus, and IDS/IPS software)
- Implementing network security policies as require by corporate CISO office.
- In conjunction with local CISO office will establish security requirements for new and existing computing platforms.
- Identifying threats and working on steps to defend against them.
- Training employees in security awareness/procedures
- Developing and updating disaster recovery protocols
- Support corporate security audits and is responsible for the implementation of remediation activities as the result of the audits.
- Make policy recommendations based on applicable local laws and regulations.
- Providing technical security advice
- In charge of troubleshooting, planning for and responding to service outages and other problems.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as back-ups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are efficiently backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are built, and media is recycled and sent off site, as necessary.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a periodic basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services, as necessary.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases, including the definition of security needs and requirements.
- Provide research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions in accordance with security and compliance corporate guidelines.
- Required to understand all aspects of the Liberty IT “back office” operation, with sufficient detail to recommend and implement changes in the core set of software and hardware products used in the support of customer care and cable office system.
- Demonstrates and ensures compliance with the Customer First Philosophy, all Liberty Latin America's policies and procedures including the Code of Conduct and Liberty safety standards and procedures.
- Other functions may be assigned.