Tax Associate AnalystJob ID: 2021-42137 San Juan, Puerto Rico Category: Finance
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
Responsible for the organization's taxation affairs and for optimizing the organization's taxation situation
- Assist the Senior Tax Analyst with the local and federal income tax compliance requirements.
- Assist the Senior Tax Analyst with the quarterly and annual tax provision calculations and supporting documentation gathering process.
- Research and resolve related debts, discrepancies, or inquiries with the corresponding governmental agencies as they arise.
- Responsible to manage and respond, in coordination with the Senior Tax Analyst and Tax Director, tax related correspondence.
- Assist the Tax Team with the data gathering process for tax audits.
- Acquire tax related certifications and documentation as required by our internal customers.
- In charge of the filing process of Form 480.7F Annual Return of Payments Received for Advertising, Insurance Premiums, Telecommunication Internet Access and Cable or Satellite Television Services.
- Assist the Tax Team on other transactional taxes matters and with the personal/real property tax and municipal volume of business taxes calculation annual filings.
- Collaborate with internal compliance initiatives and actively promote employee compliance education.
- Contribute to the development of corporate policies, procedures and programs.
- Demonstrates and ensures compliance with the Customer First Philosophy, all Liberty policies and procedures including the Code of Conduct and Liberty safety standards and procedures.
- Other functions may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Taxes, Business Administration or Legal
1-2 years’ experience of tax accounting and compliance or tax law.
- Strong ability and inclination to collaborate with co-workers.
- Technical, analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced dynamic work environment with efficient prioritization, client interaction, responsiveness and focus (especially during periods of sustained pressure and often under tight deadlines).
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build links with staff, external partners and suppliers.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information.
- Computer Knowledge (Microsoft Office).
- Fully Bilingual (Spanish and English).
Liberty Puerto Rico provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, social status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, military service obligation, disability status, genetic information, political affiliation, and being or being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking. In addition to federal law requirements, Liberty aligns with applicable local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Assessment, background check and drug test will be required to successful candidate.
If you believe you have been discriminated against you may notify the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Federal Communications Commission, or other appropriate agency.
Jobs for you
Senior Manager, Internal Audit and SOX Miami, United States Finance
Senior Business Intelligence Developer, Information Technology San Juan, Puerto Rico Information Technology
ArcGIS Implementer San Juan, Puerto Rico Strategy
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs.