Senior Engineer Operations Support SystemsJob ID: 2021-56721 Trincity, Trinidad and Tobago; Trincity, Jamaica; Trincity, Barbados Category: Information-Technology
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
What’s the role:
- The Senior Engineer Operations Support Systems leads requirements gathering, configuration, testing, deployment Tier-3 support and vendor.
- He/she will coordinate and collaborate with all IT and business teams to deliver complete and integrated product solutions supporting the CWC business objectives.
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Manages SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle), implementation, integration and Tier 3 support, according to current industry best practices, for the IT component of all OSS solutions across CWC ClusterCos (including, but not limited to, requirements analysis, application configuration, documentation, vendor management).
- Collaborates with IT Operations, DTO and Change Management on various requests (including, but not limited to, agreeing the scope and functionality of the change requirements to be implemented, developing the detailed design and estimating the effort for configuration).
- Collaborates with DTO & QA on the release of solutions under scope (including, but not limited to, project planning and tracking, knowledge transfer, test support, bug fixing and documentation).
- Implements and enforces SOX GITC controls pertaining to applications and processes under scope.
- Develops and tracks budget pertaining to applications and processes under scope.
- Manages operational component for vendors of OSS platforms (including, but not limited to vendor governance, KPIs definition and monitoring, performance reviews, relationship management).
- Contributes to IT roadmap and architecture definition.
Knowledge & Experience:
Preferred education/ qualifications:
- Bachelor level, Information Technology and/or comparable technical engineering degree.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Ideally educated to degree level or alternate appropriate industry experience.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a large telco in a complex operational environment managing cross-functional teams.
- Proven experience engaging effectively with senior level management.
- Proven experience in managing diverse and geographically distributed teams.
- Experience and appreciation of working in a customer focused environment essential.
Skills & Abilities:
- Proven capability within the specified discipline [business requirements for IT solutions in telcos, mainly focused on OSS] at a strong functional and technical level.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, translating complex technical language into high-level executive narrative.
- Proven experience of managing operational and technical teams.
- Ability to drive improvement programs across diverse and complex environments.
- Strong record of people management (direct or indirect) including communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective internal and external working partnerships at all levels through a collaborative approach.
- Demonstrate strong influencing and persuading skills, encourage colleagues and teams to change established processes and achieve improvements and best practice.
- Timeliness in all actions with quality consciousness towards services received and provided.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (preferably in Spanish and English) and ability to form strong business relationships across multiple locations.
- Strong technical knowledge in Ticketing, Activation/Orchestration.
- Proven awareness of various Access Network platforms such as soft switches and PON networks.