Senior Virtualisation EngineerJob ID: 2021-56718 Trincity, Trinidad and Tobago; Trincity, Jamaica; Trincity, Barbados Category: Information-Technology
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
The Senior Virtualisation Engineer is responsible for the design and implementation of VMware virtualisation products and systems that support virtualisation, including all server ESXi hardware, networking, and hypervisor layers.
- Architect, design, install, configure, monitoring and maintenance of VMware vSphere/vSAN cluster environments.
- Architect, design, install, configure, monitoring and maintenance of all ESXi host hardware and provide corrective actions to hardware faults.
- Perform planned maintenance activities/firmware upgrades on an established cycle, that mitigates CWC business risks and vulnerabilities.
- Manage and expand compute and storage capacity requirements to support services to CWC customers
- Participate in solutions development in all stages including planning, design, development, testing, and documentation.
- Responsible for provisioning, maintaining, managing and monitoring IBM /Cisco /HPE infrastructure.
- Support the deployment of virtual machines,VMs and templates across the VMware clusters.
- Support the implementation of hardware support contract required to ensure availability of infrastructure.
- Ensure support for all LLA Information Security and IT Compliance controls and policies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems (or equivalent qualification).
- Minimum of 3 years practical experience maintaining VMware vSphere /vSAN cluster environment.
- Relevant training and certification as VMware Certified Professional (VMware HyperConverged Infrastructure (vSAN), VMware Data Center Virtulisation ) and Networking.
- Experience with SAN, NAS, iSCSI , Fibre Channel protocol and other storage allocation to ESXi clusters and troubleshooting VMDK in virtual machines
- Experience with Physical-to-Virtual (P2V), Virtual-to-Virtual (V2V) and Virtual-to-Physical (V2P).
- Experience in troubleshooting hardware and operating system related issues.
We are the leading telecommunications company, connecting more than 40 markets in Latin America and the Caribbean with our video, broadband internet, telephony, and mobile services under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil, BTC, and Cabletica. We started small, and now we’re growing. We’re excited about the future as we strive to unlock opportunities in the region
Technology excites us enables us and drives us. We´re proud of the services we provide, the markets that we serve, and our people coming together to enhance our customers´ lives with technology so that they can connect, work, live and play without missing beat. Throughout Liberty Latin America, our passion and pride are brought to life through our shared vision to bring innovation that will create moments that matter to our customers, delivering growth in our markets with one vision, one culture, and one team.