Field Services and Maintenance EngineerJob ID: 2021-60926 Category: Technology
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
About the Role
The Field Service and Maintenance Engineer is responsible for carrying out on-site work for installation, provisioning test, circuit activations and maintenance of B2B network and customer services. The Engineer is part of a team based in South Florida providing on-site cover, working inside key cable landing stations and network facilities including cable stations in Boca Raton, North Miami Beach, Jacksonville and colocation sites including Ojus, NAP of Americas & New York. Work includes 24/7 availability and emergency response for network and cable landing station failures and assistance with trouble shooting customer circuit outages with schedule flexibility between shifts A, B and C or a combination of them according to operational requirements.
What You Will Do!
- Installation, test and turn-up of transmission and IP trunks, customer circuits. Coordinate and carry out end-to-end 24hr circuit commissioning BER and alarm tests.
- Provide on-site L-3 circuit fault finding and test verification operating ‘on-call’ along with other team members providing 24/7-hour coverage.
- Perform fault isolation tests, where necessary test and replace faulty equipment, circuit packs, cables, optics. etc., co-ordinate spares replacement and RMA process.
- During major network failure or subsea cable cut, carry our physical circuit re-route optical patching as directed by the Network Administrator.
- Provide critical site management coverage during Hurricanes impacting USA, provide auxiliary support and rapid response to other BU’s post hurricane.
- Provide on-site assistance to IP and MPLS teams, supporting IP and MPLS service installation, maintenance and trouble shooting.
- Provide support to colocation customers with escorted site access and ‘over the phone’ smart-hands.
- Work with Service Implementation and the Network Administration to implement cross-connects in accordance with Service Orders and carry out routines including methodical circuit labelling.
- Record keeping and reports elaboration of installations, procedures and troubleshooting performed.
What You Will Need!
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in an Engineering related field.
- 5 years of technical centric job experience (7yr plus) can count in place of technical degree.
Skills & Abilities:
- Trained and Certified in bringing into service BIS testing in accordance with ITU-T standards, including, G.703, G.704, G.709 RFC2544. and other appropriated international standards.
- Trained in specific telecommunication transmission transport standards including legacy Plesiochronous Digital Hierarchy (PDH), Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH), along with Optical transport network (OTN) and Ethernet.
- English and Spanish fluency preferable
- Proactivity, High accountability. Schedule flexibility
We are the leading telecommunications company, connecting more than 40 markets in Latin America and the Caribbean with our video, broadband internet, telephony, and mobile services under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil, BTC, and Cabletica. We started small, and now we’re growing. We’re excited about the future as we strive to unlock opportunities in the region
Technology excites us enables us and drives us. We´re proud of the services we provide, the markets that we serve, and our people coming together to enhance our customers´ lives with technology so that they can connect, work, live and play without missing beat. Throughout Liberty Latin America, our passion and pride are brought to life through our shared vision to bring innovation that will create moments that matter to our customers, delivering growth in our markets with one vision, one culture, and one team.