Legal Counsel, Corporate GovernanceJob ID: 2021-38841 Category: Legal
Our success depends on our people. What connects us, unites us and makes us ‘us’ is the passion and pride we have for creating moments that matter for our customers. So, wherever you choose to start your career at Liberty Latin America, we’re all guided by a shared vision, philosophy and principles that enable us to bring our culture to life. We do it the best and we do it with spirit.
- Risk taking We’re empowered to take risks for our customers and each other. Making mistakes is OK.
- Respectful We treat others like we want to be treated. It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
- Honest We’re honest with others but, more importantly, we are honest with ourselves.
- Hardworking We work hard for our customers, colleagues and investors.
- Disciplined We’re consistent and we measure our performance. Commitments matter to us.
What I love about our culture is the opportunities we create for our employees to grow their careers with us and the passion we have for growth. I love seeing people stretch and challenge themselves, working outside of their comfort zone and flourishing as a result. Doing great things for their self development, their families, our business and our customers.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
What's the role:
The Legal Counsel, Corporate Affairs will provide in-house legal services for Liberty Latin America Ltd. This will be the corporate lawyer for the company with oversight and responsibility for managing the corporate affairs compliance for the company and all of its subsidiaries, including without limitation corporate governance and corporate secretarial matters. The role will also include opportunities to participate in other legal matters for the company.
Knowledge & Experience:
- At least one year of general corporate experience at well-known law firm or in industry
- Corporate givernance and secreterial experience/background essential
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Broad business orientation and ambition
- Confident personality
- Good understanding of the commercial, legal and political context in which the company and its subsidiaries operates
- Fluency in written and spoken English and fluency in written and spoken Spanish
- Demonstrated strong communication skills across cross-cultural boundaries and all levels of an organization
- Ability to comprehend and interpret policies, procedures, laws, regulations, and guidelines
- Experience working in a global matrix environment and partnering with groups such as finance, treasury, strategy, and HR
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all employees and management
- Excellent persuasion skills
- Highly developed writing and presentation skills
Who We Are
We are the leading telecommunications company, connecting more than 40 markets in Latin America and the Caribbean with our video, broadband internet, telephony, and mobile services under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil, BTC, and Cabletica. We started small, and now we’re growing. We’re excited about the future as we strive to unlock opportunities in the region.
Why join us
Technology excites us enables us and drives us. We´re proud of the services we provide, the markets that we serve, and our people coming together to enhance our customers´ lives with technology so that they can connect, work, live and play without missing beat. Throughout Liberty Latin America, our passion and pride are brought to life through our shared vision to bring innovation that will create moments that matter to our customers, delivering growth in our markets with one vision, one culture, and one team.
Liberty Latin America provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, and/or local laws.
What you'll do:
- Primary lawyer responsible to maintain all required corporate filings for all of the company's subsidiaroes
- Provide legal guidance and advice on corporate filing requirements for our subsidiaies
- Responsible to maintain the company's "Blueprint" corporate filings and documents database
- Work closely with the Tax and Accounting Departments to provided necessary corporate approvals and certified documents
- Prepare minutes/resolutions for actions and reporting compliance for subsidiaries within the group
- At all times to keep abreast of relevant legal developments and current developmentswithin the business and in the legal and regulatory environment, in order to provide the highest quality of legal and commercial support